Director of Employee Engagement and Development
At OrthoCarolina, our team is our greatest asset and the foundation of our success; we share a common passion for making lives better. We are a diverse group of individuals, accountable to each other through the backbone of our beliefs: trust, honesty, and mutual respect; ensuring our voice is heard. Our positive environment supports individual growth and a sense of belonging. Our employees work together to uphold the standards of excellence and promote an environment of teamwork throughout the organization.
OrthoCarolina is seeking a Director of Employee Engagement and Development to work with its Human Resources Team in Charlotte.
The Director of Employee Engagement and Development serves on the OC HR leadership team. This role is charged with providing strategic vision, tactical design, and active management of a training organization tasked with driving the learning requirements, training solutions, delivery methods and measurement of training across the organization. This key role will also lead and manage our internal Employee Engagement programs (including D, E & I), annual employee and physician engagement surveys, our major annual community benefit initiatives (in partnership with Marketing), and have oversight of our internal communications strategy, plan, and team members.
• Leads, develops and manages our corporate training, education, and development strategy, including curriculum development and management of a training team. Ensures training programs support the changing needs of the business and address new initiatives, with an emphasis on current trends and practices
• Operational training programs – ensuring the organization has a good skill-based training strategy for all positions
• Leadership training – human organizational skill development, with an emphasis on training in the clinical environment
• Executive level training – for Practice Managers and Senior leaders
• Develops, leads, and manages a training program designed to improve physician satisfaction scores and improve patient experiences at OC clinics. Such a program may involve physician shadowing and coaching
• Designs and implements distance learning strategies, including virtual classroom learning and self-paced web-based training for both service and professional/management development training topics
• Evolve/enhance new hire program offerings; new hire onboarding and our corporate orientation program to drive culture and employee engagement. Evolve our primary instructor-led programs to a blended solutions environment. Assist with a variety of other special assignments to support learning and development efforts across the organization
• Ensure that all development programs meet stated objectives through analyzing metrics and business impact
• Manage both the Employee Engagement and Physician Engagement survey process for the organization. This includes planning for the survey process, analysis of feedback, action planning process to overall strengthen the engagement and culture
• Lead and manage company-wide Employee Recognition Program, ‘Proud to Be OC’, Employee Council, Diversity Equity & Inclusion Council
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment.
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit-sharing plan
Education and experience:
• Bachelors degree required; preferred in Business Management, Human Resources, Leadership
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience including work in a multi-site, matrixed organization(s) preferred. 5-8 of those years must be in the areas of leadership development, needs assessment, instructional design/content development within corporate learning & development setting