Development Operations Specialist
With a joyous love of song and an inviting spirit, Tosco Music is a nonprofit organization that breaks down the barriers between performers and audiences to celebrate the incredible power of music and bring people together. For over 30 years, Tosco Music has proudly presented a diverse variety of performers, fostered a sense of community among listeners and performers and connected professional and amateur musicians to share and inspire one another.
Born from intimate living room jam sessions in Charlotte, NC, Tosco Music Parties have grown into popular community concerts where nationally recognized acts share the stage with undiscovered artists and audience members are invited to sing along throughout the evening.
For over 30 years, Tosco Music has been highly successful as a volunteer-led organization. We are prepared and ready to move forward and develop the organization. Tosco Music is seeking to hire a Donor Operations Specialist who will play a meaningful role in the growth of the organization as it transitions into an employee-led company.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Development Operations Specialist is an associate-level role with excellent opportunity for growth as the organization grows and expands its team.
The Development Operations Specialist will play an important role in Tosco Music’s growth by implementing daily processes and procedures that ensure comprehensive records and recognition, stewardship, retention and engagement of Tosco Music’s members and major donors (Living Room Society). The Development Operations Specialist will also facilitate volunteer operations and assist with some financial operations and community engagement efforts.
Salary Range: $45,000-$50,000
The Development Operations Specialist will be integral in the following:
• Donor processes including database maintenance and quality assurance
• Volunteer recruitment and record-keeping
• Support for financial operations
Roles and responsibilities:
• Donor Database – data entry and imports to ensure Donor Perfect reflects timely and accurate data for all donors and donations, including donor recognition preferences, recurring or in-kind gifts, sponsorships, pledges, employer matches, soft credits, linked records, merging or removing duplicate records as needed
• Systems Integration – make member and donor recognition updates to Tosco Music website and manage Donor Perfect integrations with Tosco Music website and Constant Contact, working with website contractor as needed
• Donor Relations Processes – facilitate accurate and timely gift acknowledgments, renewal reminders, annual consolidated receipts for all levels of membership and the major donor giving circle (Living Room Society), working with Director of Operations and Executive Director to implement retention and re-engagement efforts
• Donor Analysis – assist with review of donor records to support donor cultivation and engagement strategies determined by Director of Operations and Executive Director
• Major Donor Events – assist with VIP Lounge & LRS Appreciation Gatherings or other donor events in partnership with the Director of Operations, Executive Director and Board LRS Ambassadors, including working onsite at events
• Recruitment – respond to volunteer inquiries and coordinate regular volunteer information sessions as the first point of entry for those interested in getting involved as volunteers to support Tosco Music’s mission and programs; may facilitate information sessions or coordinate facilitators from pool of experienced volunteers
• Record-keeping – maintain timely and accurate records of volunteer inquiries and completed information sessions in Donor Perfect and work with event managers (Executive Director and contractors) to import volunteer hours into database
• Coordination Support – assist event managers (Executive Director and contractors) with tracking volunteer commitments and assigning roles, including working onsite at events
• Volunteer Appreciation Events – assist with planning and logistics, including working onsite at events
Support for financial operations
• Accounts Payable/Receivable – assist the Director of Operations and Executive Director financial processes as needed, including accurate recording of donations
• Quality Assurance – work in partnership with finance staff/contractors to facilitate reconciliation between donor database and financial record-keeping
• You are excited to work on a team committed to equity, cultural awareness, and sensitivity
• As you will be one of the first roles to join the organization, you must be someone who is willing to be hands-on and responsible for tasks as processes are created and improved to build the organization
• You are a confident and creative problem solver with the ability to think critically and make informed recommendations for process improvement
• Strong proficiency with Donor Perfect or equivalent Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) database applications is required, as well as proficiency with managing and maintaining accuracy for large volumes of data
• 2-3 years of experience on a nonprofit fundraising team, including donor acknowledgment and support of donor recruitment, retention, and reengagement strategies
• Strong organizational skills, highly detail-oriented and proactive
• Demonstrated ability to attend to multiple areas of responsibility, and meet target goals and objectives
• Willingness and availability to occasionally work nights and weekends, such as at Tosco Music Parties
• Volunteer management experience preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and cloud storage applications (Dropbox)
Please send your resume together with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter please outline how your past experience aligns with the expectations for this position and why you want to be part of the Tosco Music team.