The house is nicknamed “Baby Biltmore” for its stately Châteauesque architectural style, like the Biltmore in Asheville. And it could be yours for $6,495,000.
The exact address is 8433 Eagle Glenn Way. At 12,191 square feet, it has 7 bedrooms and 8 full and 4 half bathrooms.
Who owns it: The house belonged to the late Steve Berrard, former CEO and president of Blockbuster and co-founder/former CEO of AutoNation, and his wife, Sarah.
- Sarah decided to sell the house after Steve passed and recently gave me a tour with listing agent Bill Wagenseller.
- Sarah and Steve moved to Charlotte nearly 20 years ago looking for a fresh start together. Baby Biltmore was the first of about a dozen houses they looked at. They knew it was home right away, Sarah said.
Design: The house has been recently refreshed with white paint and more neutral finishes so the next buyers can bring their own personal flair.
- Many luxury architectural elements remain, including a double staircase framing the entrance, a two-story great room, columns and tasteful ornamentation throughout.
Luxury rooms: As you might expect with a house listed at $6.5M, the mansion has two in-home theaters, multiple wet bars, a full gym, nanny suite (turned playroom) and tons of space for entertaining.
- They converted the attic into a third floor suite. The decor is inspired by their mountain house, and it has two bedroom and its own full kitchen — accessible by an elevator, of course.
The primary suite has its own private office, wet bar, steam shower, jacuzzi and fireplace.
- It also features two walk-in closets, vaulted ceilings and an additional flex space (formally called a keeping room).
- All of the bedrooms have ensuite bathrooms and private balconies.
Outdoor living: To round out the luxury experience, the resort-style pool and spacious cabana overlook Quail Hollow Golf Course.
- Steve’s pride was the lawn, Sarah said. They redid all of the landscaping, and had more than 20,000 flowers at one point.
- Steve even had flowers crossbred to make them Sarah’s favorite shade of purple.
Sarah hopes the next buyer fills the house with as many family memories as they had. “We went through all of the highs and all of the lows of life in this house,” Sarah said. “This house has memories of a lot of love.”
- And even though many neighbors are certified billionaires, they’re still the type of people you can borrow a cup of sugar from, Sarah said. She wants the next family to appreciate that neighborly love.
Timeline: The house hit the market today and showings start next week.
My thought bubble: I wish I had $6.5M to spare. With Presidents Cup coming to Quail in August 2022, this would be a heck of a house to throw a fabulous party at.
Listed by: Bill Wagenseller at eXp Realty LLC
Here’s an exclusive look around.