OrthoCarolina is one of the nation’s leading independent academic orthopedics practices serving North and South Carolina and the Southeast since 1922. OrthoCarolina provides compassionate and comprehensive musculoskeletal care including operative and non-operative care, diagnostic imaging and rehabilitative therapy. Widely known for musculoskeletal research and training, OrthoCarolina physicians have specialized expertise in foot and ankle, hip and knee, shoulder and elbow, spine, sports medicine, hand, pediatric orthopedics, and physical medicine and rehabilitation. We commit to improving the lives of all we serve, by providing premier patient care and compassionate, personalized service. Over 300 OrthoCarolina providers see more than one million patient visits throughout western North Carolina each year.
OrthoCarolina. You. Improved.
We are currently searching for a Clinical Trainer to work with our team at our OrthoCarolina team in Charlotte. The Clinical Trainer role is to assist clients in the development and implementation of clinical policies and procedures as well as the deployment and configuration of software solutions. Provides training and knowledge transfer to enable clients to achieve a high level of quality in clinical documentation and communication with patients.
The Clinical Trainer plans organizes and implements training and staff development programs for the clinical staff and providers to ensure quality of data input into the practice management system and electronic health record (EPIC) as well as other 3rd party software that enhances clinic workflow. Works with project management to ensure workflows are developed and staff are trained on governmental documentation requirements as well as organization policies and procedures. Responsible for evaluating and training current and newly hired clinical staff in the functional services and skills needed to fulfill their clinical responsibilities. Coordinates Basic Life Support (BLS) Training to Clinical Staff, as requested.
The Clinical Trainer actively participates in the evaluation, planning, development, training and implementations for existing and new OC clients. They serve as knowledge experts for clinical departments and work closely with both the Operations and Information Services/Technology teams to ensure a positive end-user experience.
A career at OrthoCarolina will provide you with opportunities for career advancement, dedicated peer support, and continuing education. Our company is committed to providing our employees with the utmost positive work environment.
• Competitive salary package
• Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
• Health Savings Account
• Life insurance
• Short/Long term disability insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Voluntary Home/Auto insurance
• Voluntary Accident/Cancer insurance
• Voluntary Legal Shield/Identity Theft
• Health Advocate – Employee Benefit Resource
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Profit-sharing plan
Education and licensure required:
• Certified or Registered Medical Assistant certification, Nursing degree or LPN Associates Degree from an accredited school
• RN BSN preferred
• A current license/certification as a Registered Nurse, a Licensed Practical Nurse or Certified/Registered Medical Assistant in the State of North Carolina or a state that has enacted the Nurse Licensure Compact
• Certified EPIC Trainer highly preferred
• Current certification as BLS Instructor recommended
• Valid driver’s license for travel
• 5-10 years of clinical experience
• Experience in Orthopedics is highly preferred
• Experience in training or teaching positions
• Ability to organize and lead educational sessions
• Ability to accept responsibility and use initiative to proceed with necessary tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to lead new and current employees to apply clinic policies and procedures
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize training needs for the clinic
• Ability to understand and collaborate in creating, modifying, and implementing protocols, procedures and processes