AP AR Specialist
The AP/AR Specialist is responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and providing support to staff in various areas within the Accounting Department.
• Communicating with managers and clients regarding receivables and payables matters in a timely fashion
• Apply rental payments daily for commercial tenants in the accounting system
• Responsible for researching discrepancies between posted charges and cash receipts
• Apply prepaid rents and concessions to tenant accounts monthly
• Sort, scan, & accurately enter invoices into the accounts payable system
• Verify with property accountant authorized check disbursements
• Issue checks, void items and stop payments
• Process and monitor vendor documentation
• Setup new vendors for payment processing
• Verify and issue annual vendor tax documentation, Form 1099
• Performs special tasks and projects as needed
• Maintain and secure financial documentation and records
• Responds to company requests such as training, surveys or forms, etc. in a timely and thorough manner without reminders
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
• Communicate information timely to accountants, property managers, and company management
• Manage workflow from multiple internal clients
• Must be able to work independently
• Positive attitude
• Computer skills with MS Office Suite, Yardi experience preferred
• Real estate experience preferred
• Ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Physical demands and environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in an office setting
• Works under moderate supervision.
• Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
• Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
Management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.