Here are five destinations about 2 hours and 10 minutes from Charlotte — the full length of Taylor Swift’s Red re-release.
- My strategy is to listen all the way through at least once before I engage in any internet chatter or read hot takes. A long drive is just what I need to soak in every lyric.
- Listen here.
What to do: Go for champagne (problems) at Battery Park Book Exchange while you process your feelings. Something about about the champagne bar and used book combo feels very T. Swift.
- Full Axios guide… Asheville getaway: 35 things to do in N.C.’s coolest mountain city
2. Boone/Grandfather Mountain
What to do: After the rollercoaster of emotions that comes with a 10-minute “All Too Well,” why not shake things up a little more with the Mile High Swinging Bridge. Then head to Lost Province Brewing Co. for the comfort of pizza and beer.
What to do: Keep the main character vibes going with lunch at Foster’s Market. Any restaurant that identifies as a “market” has a certain je ne sais quoi that makes me feel like I’m starring in my own show (despite the casual setting).
- Full Axios guide… Durham getaway: 33 things to do in the Bull City
What to do: Head to Otto Izakaya and debate which of the 30 songs are the best over sushi. (Don’t worry, the restaurant is open late so you can take your time and order rolls all night.)
- Full Axios guide: 41 things to do in Greenville, South Carolina’s foodie town