Academic Insights Account Manager
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
The chosen candidate will work as part of a team within U.S. News Education assisting with a subscription-based analytics platform, Academic Insights. This platform is a data repository and visualization tool comprising the historical and unpublished data and historical rankings behind U.S. News’ Best Colleges, Best Graduate Schools, Best Online Programs and Best High Schools. The platform allows subscribing schools to view this data, export high-level charts and graphs, and support various offices on campus involved in competitive intelligence and benchmarking projects. In addition to the platform, the chosen candidate will be exposed to other parts of the business including marketing, finance, legal processes, and technical development.
This hands-on role is ideal for someone with a strong background in B2B sales, client relations, and marketing strategy, as well as exposure to working with product teams. The ideal candidate is self-motivating with an entrepreneurial attitude.
Are you up to the challenge?
• Client Relations: Build and maintain rapport with new and existing clients through excellent service.
• Drive New Business: Generate leads, exceed sales and retention targets, and research the marketplace for new sources of revenue.
• Outreach: Build brand awareness through product demonstrations, marketing campaigns, and attending conferences.
• Achieve Domain Knowledge: Understand both the platform and U.S. News’ data and methodologies at a deep level.
• Business Solutions: Work with the team to build this business. Translate feedback from clients into product enhancements and communicate desired enhancements to technology teams.
• Product launch support: Work with Program Manager and cross-functional teams to update product data for each launch, communications, and fielding post-launch questions.
You should definitely have
• Completed a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• 2 or more years of sales or account management experience
• A proven ability to meet sales targets
• A rich sense of client service and support
• Experience with building out marketing campaigns
• Strong communication skills and collaboration skills
• Is detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
• Can work collaboratively with a team or independently, as needed
• The ability to travel to industry events and represent U.S. News
It would be nice if you had
• Experience collaborating with product management teams
• Experience in the education industry (experience in higher education strongly preferred)
• Is proficient in Excel
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset
• We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
• This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. As an equal opportunity employer, the Company will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.