Extended Day Lead Teacher
Charlotte Latin School has an immediate need for a Lead Teacher in our after-school program, Hawks Club. We are seeking Teachers to work with our 2nd and 3rd-grade after-school children. This is a ten-month, part-time position. Hours will vary based on need but can range from a 12:30 p.m. start until 6:00 p.m.
• Planning and implementation of a variety of age-appropriate and theme-related activities (monthly lesson plans and calendar)
• Responsible for setup of activities and materials before each days program
• Daily classroom cleanup and maintenance after each age group and at the end of each school day
• Lead small group activities that are age-appropriate in an atmosphere where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences enhancing the social, physical, and academic advancement of children in his/her care
• Leading, supervising, and providing structure and help with homework
• Providing indoor and outdoor campus supervision for play areas to ensure children’s safety and learning
• Provide support, preparation and supervision of off-campus excursions
• Welcome and supervise the work of volunteers & service-learning students assigned to your group
• Update Extended Day weekly newsletter with information and pictures
• Professional communication with parents on a daily basis in person and via email as needed
• Attend monthly staff meetings during the academic year
• Work 12 teacher workdays throughout the academic year. Hours are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Days will be set and communicated at the start of the year
• Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
• Previous experience working with school-age children preferred.
• Safety procedures, First Aid and CPR are essential.
• Exhibit a love of working with children in this age group
• The ability to build a strong rapport with students, parents, and colleagues
• Serve as a collaborative team player
• Flexibility to shift focus on the spur of the moment, in working with colleagues and students and in sharing classroom space
• Ability to identify and prioritize the needs of the classroom
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong organizational skills, efficient and detail-oriented
• Strong classroom management skills, commitment to safety and civility
• Exhibit willingness to have a growth mindset for learning new material and new ways of teaching
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Office, Google Docs and Google Drive