Senior Analyst – Funding & Liquidity
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally’s legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full-service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies
Ally Financial is a customer-centric, leading digital financial services company with passionate customer service and innovative financial solutions. We are relentlessly focused on “Doing it Right” and being a trusted financial-services provider to our consumer, commercial, and corporate customers. For more information, visit www.ally.com.
Ally and your career
Ally Financial only succeeds when its people do – and that’s more than some cliché people put on job postings. We live this stuff. We see our people as, well, people – with interests, families, friends, dreams, and causes that are all important to them. Our focus is on the health and safety of our teammates as well as work-life balance and diversity and inclusion. From generous benefits to a variety of employee resource groups, we strive to build paths that encourage employees to stretch themselves professionally. We want to help you grow, develop, and learn new things. You’re constantly evolving, so shouldn’t your opportunities be, too?
This position is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and reporting the activity in Ally’s debt and equity complex, supporting the execution of capital markets transactions, and assisting in the company’s liquidity and funding management. The Senior Analyst operates with some amount of independence for day-to-day activities but requires input from senior leaders on complex issues.
• Monitor Ally’s debt and equity securities, peer performance, and market conditions and provide market updates to management on a basis
• Establish and maintain relationships with market participants, including traders, bankers, debt and equity capital markets desks, minority-owned brokerage firms and corporate access professionals
• Support the structuring and execution of Ally’s debt and equity issuances in the capital markets
• Primary responsibility for liability management modeling and inter-company financial impact analysis, as well as support execution of liability management activities
• Oversee the structuring, execution and ongoing monitoring and analysis of Ally’s share repurchase program
• Support Ally’s rating agency relationships, including analysis of credit rating risks and opportunities and preparation of rating agency presentation materials
• Support Ally’s overall cash, liquidity and funding initiatives, including forecasting and analysis
• Work collaboratively with Finance, Risk, Treasury, Legal and other partners to ensure enterprise objectives are met
• Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in Finance, Treasury, Capital Markets or related field
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Investment banking experience preferred
• Possesses proven technical expertise, business and industry knowledge, and process and leadership capabilities
• Increased ability to work with limited supervision while applying previous experience to execute moderately complex tasks
• Well-developed project management, analytical and judgment skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• Proven track record of influencing decisions with analytics and financial models
• Attention to detail balanced with knowing the right attitude necessary to deliver on requirements
• Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative
• Exhibit a strong work ethic and high degree of self-motivation
• Comfortable interacting with other personnel in group or support staff from other departments; may interact with other internal and external personnel (i.e., external auditors, regulators) on specific projects or routine matters, usually under the supervision
• Advanced MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
How we’ll have your back:
Ally’s compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. But Ally’s total compensation – or total rewards – extends beyond your paycheck and is designed to support and enrich your personal and professional life, including:
• Time Away: competitive holiday and flexible paid-time-off, including time off for volunteering and voting.
• Planning for the Future: plan for the near and long term with an industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions, student loan and 529 educational assistance programs, tuition reimbursement, and other financial well-being programs.
• Supporting your Health & Well-being: flexible health and insurance options including dental and vision, pre-tax Health Savings Account with employer contributions and a total well-being program that helps you and your family stay on track physically, socially, emotionally and financially.
• Building a Family: adoption, surrogacy, and fertility support as well as parental and caregiver leave, back-up child and adult/elder day care program and child care discounts.
• Work-Life Integration: other benefits including LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs.
Ally is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical or mental disabilities. For accommodation requests, email us at [email protected]. Ally will not discriminate against any qualified individual who is capable of performing the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.