Carolina Handling is a one-stop material handling partner and supplier. We provide expert service, consultation, parts and equipment, consignment programs, warehouse products and solutions, technician training, and much more.
We know good people make all the difference–and we firmly believe it’s what sets us apart from the competition. We invest more time and training in preparing our Associates to succeed than any other material handling company. Here, your hard work is rewarded, through continued training, education opportunities, and career advancement.
This position will work within our Intralogistics Solutions Group to promote Carolina Handling internally and externally working closely with Sales and Operations functions. The Intralogistics Solutions Project Coordinator (IPC) supports the sale of warehouse systems including racking, systems, catalogue products and allied through coordination and support of technical activities that may impact multiple departments, systems, or workflows. The IPC may coordinate straightforward technical requirements independently, or seek assistance from other resources internal to Carolina Handling, Raymond, the Service Center Network or other partners as required, to support the discovery and development of all necessary technical requirements for each project.
• Support Site Surveys for projects, complete and review all related administrative requirements and bills of materials to ensure all necessary project components are included in submittals
• Assist in project management and implementation by working with the sales representatives, vendors and external customers to ensure the projects are ordered accurately, installed/shipped timely and completed on budget
• Analyze and process all phases of the sale, from receipt of order to delivery and installation of product, (incl. Billing, freight, etc.)
• Execute Irium system policies and procedures
• Calculate and record Sales Representatives’ commission
• Act as a liaison for salesforce between all Carolina Handling departments, Raymond, and other vendors
• Prepare and distribute regular monthly management reports
• Ensure department is up to date with all required documentation for regularly scheduled audits
• Ensure all vendor invoices are correct and paid on time, liaising with the vendors if any discrepancies occur
• Ensure all project invoices are created correctly to ensure prompt payment
• Provide vendor recommendations to Sales and source quotes on catalog items
• Liaise with other departments and external sources as needed to address project technical issues, assist Sales and Project Management with impact of technical requirements on the overall implementation schedule
• Research and recommend emerging technical solutions
Other duties and responsibilities:
• Proficient with basic pricing, and bill of materials preparation for quoting purposes
• Develop and maintain an adequate working knowledge of the warehouse systems, related components and sales/commercial acumen
• Network with other dealer resources; establish a support group
• Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up to date on changes in the system
• Distribute shipping schedules and products pricing updates
• All other duties as required or assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Adopt a team approach – work with others in pursuing common goals
• Ability to accurately and effectively manage large volumes of information
• Adept with assimilating and disseminating information in a professional manner
• Ability to work independently (with minimal supervision) and in a team environment
• Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills with a high urgency
• Demonstrate resourcefulness and judgment to resolve routine problems relating to assigned projects
• Good organizational skills, and high-level of self-structure producing accurate work with a strong attention to detail
• Must be able to prioritize tasks and responsibilities to parallel the mission of the department
• Excellent Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• College degree or equivalent experience preferred; One to three years of experience working in a professional office environment
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office products including MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Visio or other related flow diagram software preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to work in a fast-paced working environment with a high volume of information flow and frequent customer interface. The Associate is exposed to sensitive and confidential information. Must be able to adapt to a busy office environment with rapidly changing priorities and remain professional at all times. The Associate is occasionally exposed to a machine shop environment and hazards from equipment movement, and may be required to travel on day trips or occasionally overnight.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to sit, talk, hear and speak with good articulation and voice control. The Associate is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The Associate is occasionally required to stand for moderate amounts of time. The Associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.