Uptown Yolk will head to South End in 2022.
Husband and wife duo chef Greg Collier and Subrina Collier will bring their beloved breakfast-theme concept to the new Vantage South End building at the intersection of Carson Boulevard and Tryon Street this spring.
What’s happening: Uptown Yolk will occupy 2,800 square feet of ground-level retail space in the 635,000-square-foot corporate campus development.
- The full-service restaurant will seat approximately 100 guests inside and outside.
- The Colliers intend to update its design, enhance the menu, implement a coffee program and a full bar.
- They got their start with breakfast (and those Tennessee fries) — first with a Yolk in Rock Hill in 2012 and then with their @Dawn in Arysley in 2016.
- They took the Yolk to 7th Street Public Market in January 2019 before closing it in March of this year.
What they’re saying: “Uptown Yolk was able to push through the pandemic, but it hasn’t been able to return to its true potential yet,” Greg said in a statement. “Expanding to a full-service restaurant will allow us to bring the best brunch concept in Charlotte to people on a wider scale and expand our clientele even further.”
Context: Uptown Yolk left 7th Street Public Market in March, adding favorites to the Leah & Louise menu, Camp North End’s first brick and mortar restaurant, which they opened in 2020.
- Leah & Louise and Uptown Yolk are part of the Colliers’ BayHaven Restaurant Group.
- “We enjoyed having Uptown Yolk at 7th Street as it introduced us to a completely new market of guests,” Subrina said. “Our time at the market was a time of learning and growth that prepared us to make this move.”
Greg and Subrina also co-founded Soul Food Sessions, a pop-up dinner series highlighting Black chefs and providing scholarships for aspiring culinary professionals.
- Most recently, they founded BayHaven Food & Wine Festival, a three-day celebration of Black foodways.
- The inaugural festival took place in October at Camp North End.
- They intend to bring the festival back in 2022.