Product Manager, Education (Remote)
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
We believe in having a broad range of talent and backgrounds at U.S. News. We strive to maintain a welcoming workplace where everyone is given an opportunity to succeed and contribute to their fullest. Learn more about our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. As a Product Manager in our Education Vertical, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to guide the development of products and services from conception to launch. A critical component of this position will be the ability to break down tasks into manageable steps that will enable US News to innovate and grow.
Entrepreneurial and highly creative, the product manager will seek to understand the needs and pain points of educational institutions, parents and students. The individual will help create products that provide users with the right information and resources that support their needs. The Product Manager will work with a cross-functional team to produce a superior consumer experience. You will develop a strong and collaborative partnership with key stakeholders ranging from Marketing and Sales leaders to high-level members of the education industry and C-level executives at US News.
You should definitely have
• Experience defining and executing the roadmap for a data-driven product
• Capability of establishing a shared vision across the company by building data-driven consensus on product priorities
• Experience generating and producing cross-team and executive presentations to gain buy-in from stakeholders
• Ability to translate your product vision into user stories
• Ability to define metrics that inform the success of our consumer experience, monitor performance in real-time and determine A/B testing process
• Ability to thrive in an agile environment
• An understanding around how products drive revenue
To be considered for this role, you will need
• 5 years professional experience in a consumer web/ mobile app setting inclusive of 2 years product management experience
• Experience incorporating a variety of research and testing methods including qualitative user research, A/B testing, to drive product decisions
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
• Consistent record of surpassing organizational and personal goals
• Ability to manage stakeholders up and down the organization
It would be nice if you had
• Experience with agile methodology, including knowledge of best practices, dynamic team collaboration, informative metrics, lean development and continuous improvement
• Experience working at a start-up
• Experience inside the Education marketplace
• Experience with lead generation
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset
• We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other job info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.