Founded in 1973 and headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, Power Utility Products Company (PUPCO) is a master distributor and servicer of strut channel, cable tray, fittings, and associated components used in electrical and mechanical infrastructure. PUPCO serves a national customer base with end-markets including power plants, data centers, solar farms, healthcare facilities, and industrial construction. PUPCO prides itself in consulting with customers to provide just-in-time, comprehensive product solution sets. PUPCO’s team-oriented culture promotes collaboration and a solution-finding approach to meet the diverse and changing needs of our customer base. PUPCO is poised for growth and strives to provide opportunities for professional development for each of our team members. Learn more at www.pupco.com.
Power Utility Products Company, Inc. (PUPCO) is seeking a high energy, solution-oriented Purchasing Agent to join our growing team and help us achieve our key goals of sourcing inventory to provide the supply chain solutions for which our customers depend on us.
This role is an ideal opportunity to have an immediate impact on our business and help our Purchasing and Inventory Manager meet our aggressive purchasing goals looking into 2022 and beyond.
• Monitor inventory levels to drive daily purchasing requests from vendors
• Execute daily the purchasing process by presenting requests for quotes to our suppliers and issuing purchase orders based on product price and availability
• Track RFQ responses to understand pricing disparity between suppliers and no-quote responses
• Understand multi-location inventory management, preferred stock levels, and re-order points
• Communicate daily purchase updates to the Purchasing and Inventory Manager and the Sales Team to provide current status and pricing of inbound items
• Follow-up with suppliers to get the latest information on open purchase order status and report to Purchasing and Inventory Manager and Sales Team
• Maintain and update item records and ensure consistency of format and information
• Set-up new items with all relevant information
• Build and maintain positive, long-term supplier relationships
• Support operations by scheduling of full flatbed outbound shipments
• Support the company by answering inbound calls and directing them to the appropriate department
• Previous experience as a purchasing agent
• Construction and/or commodity-related industry experience a plus
• High energy and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Aptitude for researching and analyzing information, dealing with complexity
• Solution-oriented support skills
• Computer data entry skills, data entry management, data processing
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Competitive compensation with base salary and bonus incentives based upon performance and meeting clear performance metrics
• Eligible for a generous benefits package including 75% paid employee health insurance and supplemental dental, vision
• Eligible to participate in PUPCO’s 401K plan
• Opportunity to join a growth-oriented company and career development opportunities as our team and warehouse footprint grows
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and occasionally dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Candidate must be fully vaccinated.
Power Utility Products Co. (PUPCO) is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Power Utility Products Co. (PUPCO) reserves the right to modify or revise job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.