Part-time E-commerce Merchandising Manager
The Cocktailery is a cocktail supply and beverage lifestyle shop designed for the craft cocktail enthusiast. We sell an assortment of quality barware, accessories and products that blend functionality and presentation through our e-commerce store and in-person. For those who are passionate about the art of mixology we offer hands-on cocktail classes on the shop and virtually.
We are looking for a part-time (apprx. 15 hrs a week) virtual E-Commerce Merchandiser and Buyer who has extensive experience utilizing website platforms designed for e-commerce, specifically, Shopify.
The E-Commerce Merchandiser will focus on the upload and maintenance of product information on TheCocktailery.com. Responsibilities will include categorization and merchandising and executing merchandising initiatives. The candidate will also assist in selecting and merchandising a range of products to sell. This will also be tasked with reviewing existing items to ensure a proper product mix and balanced availability flow specific to the eCommerce model. Merchandising factors include customer demand, market trends, product availability, and product flow.
The ideal candidate will also be able to assist with digital marketing, Facebook re-targeting ads, Instagram shopping and email marketing campaigns for eCommerce businesses.
• Assist in planning and developing merchandising strategies
• Analyzing sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
• Collaborating with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time-scales
• Update inventory
• Ensure proper flow of product to e-commerce website
• Efficiently achieve sales and profitability by consistently reviewing and appropriately editing product lines, ensuring there is a balanced SKU assortment in style, pattern, color, and size
• Provide support and sales strategy to the President with sales and inventory reports
• Update website merchandising to accurately reflect both e-commerce and concept retail sales, trends and initiatives
• Assist in the automation of digital marketing initiatives that enhance the customer e-commerce experience
• Must have 3-5 years of experience in e-commerce merchandising with a small to medium size retailer
• Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator or other photo-editing apps)
• Comfortable using Smartphone business apps
• Must have experience with e-commerce buying and merchandising
• Advanced troubleshooting skills with e-commerce platforms
• Email marketing and social media marketing experience a plus
• Availability to respond to requests within an hour during the hours of 9 AM – 6 PM, Monday – Friday
• Own your own laptop and smartphone with broadband access to the Internet
• Quiet location in which to take phone calls
Qualities we are looking for:
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work independently with limited oversight
• Our company is entrepreneurial and growing quickly. We are looking for thought leaders. We want to grow with you in your career.
• This position is 80% virtual with occasional visits to the retail store located in Charlotte, NC.