Manager, Health Information Applications
• Manage daily operations of the Epic Application department including: Ambulatory, Patient Access, and Professional Billing
• Directly supervise Sr. Epic Application Leads, supporting them in the effective execution of their job responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities and duties in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures
• Maintains current knowledge of health information software systems; strives to assess near-term opportunities for improvement and required migrations. Ensure that application build supports clinical, revenue, and operational needs
• Strives to establish and maintain good working relationships, positive intra- and inter-departmental communications, as well as effective relationships with outside IT service vendors
• Works closely with users, steering and advisory committees, and CIO to analyze health application requirements. Reviews and evaluates software alternatives and recommends solutions or options
• Maintain confidentiality and integrity of all patient medical records that are viewed or provided in accordance with HIPAA standards
• Coach and counsels staff as required; ensures written documentation is provided to support coaching and/or corrective action as appropriate
• Conducts and/or participates in in-service and various educational programs for professional development. Orients, mentors, and transfers knowledge to staff
• Ability to meet the physical and mental demands of the position
• The ability to work on-site
• Predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance
Skills and abilities:
• Knowledge and understanding of the integration of information systems as it relates to the healthcare field
• Ability to understand the technical aspects of applications and integrated tools used to complete the business cycle and plan and manage actions in response to changing business needs
• Requires a high level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
• Requires a high degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision
• Must have well-developed planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and professionally (written and verbal)
• Building Successful Teams & Partnerships
• Strategic Decision Making
• Facilitating Change
• Industry Knowledge
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
The Manager, Health Information Applications impacts CEENTA’s ability to achieve its mission by coaching and guiding Sr. Application Analyst Leads to ensuring the secure and effective operation and maintenance of the electronic medical record applications.
Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
3-5 years of healthcare application build and support experience in a medium-sized healthcare setting required. Previous management experience preferred.
Certificates, licenses and registrations:
Epic Ambulatory, Patient Access, or Professional Billing certifications are highly preferred.