Holiday season has arrived and so has the pressure to start checking off your gift list.
If you’re looking to splurge this year, here are 12 local presents in the luxury price range.
- And if you’re a bit thriftier, check out our main gift guide: 50 local items for everyone on your list under $100
(1) Mood House Holiday Membership
Mood House is offering a holiday package that includes: Three 50-minute massages, three months of member perks (like discounted sauna rates and free meditation classes) and a candle.
Price: $255. Buy.
Who it’s for: Anyone who could use more time to recharge.
This year’s season ticket package includes six shows: Hamilton; To Kill a Mockingbird; Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations; Mean Girls; Jesus Christ Superstar; and Hadestown.
- You can also purchase a seven-show package that includes the programs above, plus Frozen.
Price: $215-$875. Buy.
Who it’s for: Those who love to be gifted an experience, and people who have an affinity for the arts.
(3) Local art
Art is one of my favorite things to to be gifted and there are tons of local artists to support. Here are few ideas:
- Stephen Wilson: These embroidered works are a dreamy gift. $300. Buy.
- Kalin Devone: Kalin’s prints and originals are made for the music-loving person in your life. She has stunning portraits of Drake, Rihanna, Lauryn Hill, etc. $35+ for prints, $500+ originals. Buy.
- Art House Charlotte: If you want to shop from a variety of artists in person or need help making a selection, you can make an appointment with Judith Weston Zehmke at Art House Charlotte. Contact here.
- Windy O’Connor: I got a mini chica grasscloth print last year and love it. There are a variety of colorful chicas at different price points here.
Who it’s for: Someone who wants to add more personality to their home.
(4) Big Green Egg from Blackhawk
If you really want to splurge, get the new homeowner or grill-lover in your life a Big Green Egg. It’s pricey but something they’ll use year-round.
Price: $979.99. Buy.
Who it’s for: The new homeowners.
(5) Tequila tasting kit from The Cocktailery
This mezcal and tequila tasting kit includes four handblown glass tasting cups, a decanter and recipes.
- This decanter set is also stunning and would be a great gift alongside a nice bottle of liquor.
Price: $103. Buy.
Who it’s for: The person in your life who loves a good party trick.
[Full Axios story: “Sur La Table of cocktails” now open at Atherton Mill]
(6) Johnny Fly shades
People who are hard to shop for tend to appreciate practical gifts. I like to go for something that’s useful and a little nicer than what they’d usually buy for themselves. And a nice pair of wooden sunglasses strikes that balance.
Price: $135. Buy.
Who it’s for: The hard-to-buy-for practical person on your list.
(7) Cooking classes at Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen
Some upcoming cooking class themes include: Pie making, Southern brunch and Thanksgiving sides/turkey carving.
Price: Cooking class for two for $150+ (most classes are $75-$85 each). Get a gift card here.
Who it’s for: Newlyweds or couples who could use a fun date night.
(8) Full size charcuterie from Babe & Butcher
Culinary gifts are the ultimate crowd pleaser. If you show up to the family gathering with a gorgeous artisanal cheese board instead of a wrapped gift, I don’t think anyone will be upset.
Price: $155. Buy.
Who it’s for: The whole family.
(9) Sport coat from OMJ
You can pick from ready-to-wear options or go extra bougie with a custom experience. They’ll be able to pick the fabric, fit and add other personalizations.
Who it’s for: Those who appreciate finer fashion.
(10) Local jewelry
Accessories are home-run gift. Here are a few places to check out locally:
- The Golden Carrot for something understated, elegant. Buy.
- Tiny Gods for more colorful, funky pieces. Buy.
- Epic Times for watches. More info.
Who it’s for: Someone in your life who deserves some fresh bling.
(11) Hornets season tickets
The season package includes tickets to 35 games from mid-November through April.
Price: $900+ for 2 season passes/packages. Buy.
Who it’s for: The sports fanatic with Charlotte pride.
Nothing says luxury like a facial, and each of these locally owned spas have custom treatments.
Who it’s for: The skincare-obsessed person on your list.