Director, Marketing & Communications
We are on the hunt for a Director, Marketing & Communications to join our growing team in the best department of an amazing company. We’re sure you’re thinking, “amazing company? All mortgage companies are the same, right?”
Here’s where you come in. The Marketing & Communications Director is a key leadership position on the Movement marketing team. We are seeking a well-rounded player/coach who can lead a growing, fast-paced digital marketing and communications team while also directly contributing to the organization’s success.
The successful candidate knows how to leverage technology as a competitive advantage. This leadership position will drive the development of the enterprise marketing technology roadmap in partnership with IT and rationalize existing capabilities and tools while assessing opportunities to expand and fill prioritized gaps.
We’re looking for someone who knows enough external and internal communications and social media to be dangerous. A spokesperson for the company one minute while begrudgingly standing in as an extra in Movement’s latest goofy social media video the next. Did we mention you need to be well-rounded?
Movement is no longer a tech buyer; we’re builders, and we need someone to help drive our digital and martech strategies. We’re also an industry that still prints flyers and sends postcards. Yeah, we know, but if it ain’t broke…
All of this is to say, as dull as it sounds, that we are looking for a marketing generalist. Someone with experience in all facets of marketing. Someone unafraid of a blistering pace and a dirtying of hands. Oh, and with strong leadership ability. That, too.
We are NOT your average mortgage company. Our execs traded suits and ties for T-shirts. Most of our profits go to our foundation to uplift underserved communities in the U.S. and around the globe. We believe in our work and, if we’re totally honest, we have a lot of fun doing it.
See? Mortgages can be amazing. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field
• 10+ years of business/application knowledge – knowledge/expertise in multiple and inter-dependent applications
• 10+ years of progressive leadership experience as a key influencer in the design and operations of martech solutions
• Marketing/Communications experience in the financial services industry is advantageous
• Experience as subject matter expert in digital marketing platforms, with Adobe Experience Cloud being strongly preferred
• Direct experience partnering with IT, development, business analysts and engineers
• Broad knowledge of marketing technologies and communications/messaging systems, particularly digital delivery systems
• Deep expertise in marketing operations processes
• Experience crafting and leading integrated marketing campaigns
• Knowledge of social media content best practices, trends and strategies
• Broad understanding of public relations, media and corporate events best practices
• Demonstrated ability to lead strategy alongside creative
• Experience managing direct reports, agencies and freelancers
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Able to manage multiple high priority tasks and projects simultaneously
• Hands-on, willing to get your hands dirty, comfortable with a very fast-paced environment
• Lead Movement’s digital marketing, internal and external communications, content strategy, campaign management and social media functions
• Ongoing assessment with internal stakeholders to identify capability needed to support ever-evolving marketing and communications (primarily digital) strategies and align the needs with innovative solutions in the marketplace
• Develop a roadmap of prioritized marketing and communications technology capability investments in partnership with IT
• Develop high level functional and business requirements for marketing platforms in partnership with IT
• Align and rationalize marketing platforms to increase seamless integration within marketing operations processes
• Identify opportunities to best leverage existing capabilities broadly across marketing enterprise (e.g., increase marketing operations automation)
So, Why Movement?
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental and life insurance
• Company matched 401K (Up to 3.5%)
• Excellent career growth opportunity
• Fun, team-focused working environment
• Employee driven community outreach program
At Movement, we exist to love and value people. We are disrupting the mortgage industry by lending with integrity, building outstanding corporate culture and investing in our communities. On any given day, you might find a processor volunteering for a local charity or an underwriter winning the corn-hole tournament at Family Fun Day. You’ll also find that we’re the seventh-largest mortgage lender in the country. Sound too good to be true? Check us out on our website: www.movement.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. The Company reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.