Mortgage comms is cool! Well, at least at Movement, it is.
Let us guess – you’re organized, you’ve got a great sense of humor, and you’re tired of great ideas being shut down because of outdated processes and bloated bureaucracy. You’re the type of person who thinks working on one project at a time is too dull, who likes things to be done right the first time and who people would call first if “herding cats” was a real job. Oh, and if you noticed (and were mildly irritated by) the fact that we weren’t consistent with our Oxford comma usage in this paragraph, your detail-oriented-ness will fit in great here.
We are looking for someone who knows their way around both a press release and an internal memo. Someone with enough social media skills to be dangerous. Someone with that unique blend of confidence and humility that helps you navigate conversations with sales and other organizational leaders. We are seeking someone comfortable with a fast-paced environment, hungry for opportunities and willing to get down in the communication weeds — er, details — as necessary.
Movement is NOT your average mortgage company. Our execs traded suits and ties for T-shirts. Most of our profits go to our foundation to uplift underserved communities in the U.S. and around the globe. We believe in our work and, if we’re totally honest, we have a lot of fun doing it.
See? Mortgage comms can be cool. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
What we’re looking for:
• 2+ years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field preferred
• Financial services communications experience preferred
• Experience with sales-facing communications advantageous
• Experience with marketing campaigns, managing/posting to the major social media platforms and blog writing preferred
• Experiencing with internal communications, posting to intranets or other content management systems
• Ability to work cross-functionally in a matrix environment
• Able to manage multiple high priority tasks or projects simultaneously
• Hands-on, willing to get your hands dirty, comfortable with a very fast-paced environment
• Support the Communications Manager in the planning, management and oversight of day-to-day employee communications, announcements and other employee engagement initiatives
• Work closely with the executive leadership team on their communications needs, including internal memos and other announcements
• Manage the social media accounts for one key member of the executive team
• Manage and maintain a corporate communications calendar, including email newsletters, blog posts, memos, SMS messages, and private social media group posts
• Serve as writer, editor and/or proofreader for all corporate communications, including email, SMS messaging, intranet articles, blog posts, press releases and related duties
• Member of the team responsible for reporting on internal communication analytics and developing new tactics for increasing engagement
• Assist with the oversight of a communications business partner network in each sales-facing department to analyze current communication needs, assess opportunities for improvement and implement solutions to optimize future communication
• Serve as a member of the team responsible for enterprise communications tools and platforms, including but not limited to the company intranet, email newsletters, employees alerts, private social media groups, etc
• Support cross-functional marketing content strategy and campaigns, including social media, email marketing, website content and other duties as directed by Marketing Department Leadership
• Researches, pitches and plans media opportunities for Movement Mortgage and its people, including awards, recognitions and earned media
• As comfortable/necessary, serve as on-camera internal spokesperson for Movement Mortgage as emcee/host at employee or public events, including livestreams, town hall meetings, sales summits, etc
So, Why Movement?
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental and life insurance
• Company matched 401K (Up to 3.5%)
• Excellent career growth opportunity
• Fun, team-focused working environment
• Employee driven community outreach program
At Movement, we exist to love and value people. We are disrupting the mortgage industry by lending with integrity, building outstanding corporate culture and investing in our communities. On any given day, you might find a processor volunteering for a local charity or an underwriter winning the corn-hole tournament at Family Fun Day. You’ll also find that we’re the seventh-largest mortgage lender in the country. Sound too good to be true? Check us out on our website: www.movement.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. The Company reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.