Mortgage communications is cool!
Well, maybe not everywhere. But it’s cool at Movement.
Movement is NOT your average mortgage company. Our execs traded suits and ties for T-shirts. Most of our profits go to a foundation to uplift underserved communities in the U.S. and around the globe. We believe in our work and, if we’re totally honest, we have a lot of fun doing it.
See? Mortgage comms can be cool. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
You’re in the communications game. Let’s take a wild guess: you were the “line leader” a lot as a kid. You’re a know-it-all – not in a bad way, but in the “you’re the one everybody goes to when they need help” kinda way. You’re the type of person who tends to memorize, organize, and strategize. Oh, and you’re detail-oriented enough to have noticed (and be mildly irritated by) the grammatical errors we’ve made in this paragraph (on purpose, of course).
We are looking for a seasoned comms leader. Someone good with the media and better with an executive team. A spokesperson who can handle a feel-good, foundation-driven story as well as a full-on crisis. Someone with killer skills in sales copy and copy editing. A hands-on leader who can guide internal, external and social comms strategies in a blisteringly-fast environment.
TL;DR: We’re on the hunt for a comms unicorn who loves to problem-solve and wants to be a part of the best department in an amazing company with a noble purpose. Sound like something you could be interested in?
What we’re looking for:
• 5+ years of related experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or a related field preferred
• Financial services experience preferred
• Experience posting to and managing social media accounts on the major platforms
• Experience managing direct reports, agencies and freelancers
• Brilliant written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely
• Able to lead high performing teams and work cross-functionally in a matrix environment
• Able to manage multiple high priority tasks and projects simultaneously
• Hands-on, willing to get your hands dirty, comfortable with a very fast-paced environment
• Plan, manage and oversee day-to-day employee communications, announcements and other employee engagement initiatives
• Manage and maintain a corporate communications calendar, including email newsletters, blog posts, memos, SMS messages, and private social media group posts
• Serve as primary writer, editor and/or proofreader for all corporate communications, including email, SMS messaging, intranet articles, blog posts, press releases and related duties
• Serve as liaison between Movement and our communications agency partners, driving timelines and deliverables through local and national media
• Responsible for reporting on internal communication analytics and developing new tactics for increasing engagement
• Establish and oversee a communications business partner network in each sales-facing department to analyze current communication needs, assess opportunities for improvement and implement solutions to optimize future communication
• Lead and oversee enterprise communications tools and platforms, including but not limited to the company intranet, email newsletters, employees alerts, private social media groups, etc.
• Support cross-functional marketing content strategy and campaigns, including social media, email marketing, website content and other duties as directed by Marketing Department Leadership
• Researches, pitches and plans media opportunities for Movement and its people, including awards, recognitions and earned media
• Serve as on-camera internal spokesperson for Movement Mortgage as emcee/host at employee or public events, including livestreams, town hall meetings, sales summits, etc.
So, Why Movement?
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental and life insurance
• Company matched 401K (Up to 3.5%)
• Excellent career growth opportunity
• Fun, team-focused working environment
• Employee driven community outreach program
At Movement, we exist to love and value people. We are disrupting the mortgage industry by lending with integrity, building outstanding corporate culture and investing in our communities. On any given day, you might find a processor volunteering for a local charity or an underwriter winning the corn-hole tournament at Family Fun Day. You’ll also find that we’re the seventh-largest mortgage lender in the country. Sound too good to be true? Check us out on our website: www.movement.com