Quiet on the set. Roll camera. Action.
Speaking of action, we know there’s nothing more thrilling or enticing to creative professionals than (wait for it) — mortgages. Okay, we know we’re not foolin’ anyone here. BUT MORTGAGE VIDEO CAN BE COOL. At least it is the way we do it here at Movement.
Are you tired of bloated bureaucracies and timid approvers holding you back? Does it make you want to pull your hair out when you’re asked to make your work look like everyone else’s? Good. You’ll like it here.
Movement is looking for a video producer to help us carry out a unique creative challenge:
Go too far.
That’s right! Try new things. Be bold. Break the mold, glue the pieces back together in a different way, then break it again.
Here’s where you come in: We’re looking for a shooter and editor to tell our story. And it’s a GREAT story. We’re NOT your average mortgage company – our execs wear T-shirts instead of ties. We’re really, really good at getting people into new homes, and fast. Most of the company’s profits go to our foundation to uplift underserved communities everywhere. Our mission statement is that “We Exist to Love & Value People,” which not only leads to rich, emotional stories, but also short and funny social videos, and everything in between. You’ll get to collaborate with other creatives, travel to different parts of the country (and sometimes outside of the country) and take your personal Vimeo to the next level.
We believe in our work, and we have a lot of fun doing it. Our Marketing Team is known for being among the best in the mortgage industry. We didn’t say that, but we don’t disagree.
See? Mortgage video can be cool. But enough about us. Let’s talk about you.
What we’re looking for:
• 2+ years of experience creating content for a company, organization or personal brand
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
• Video experience, including expertise with professional cameras (Canon C-100, DSLR/cinema cameras or similar), pre-production and planning, studio and field production, lighting and grip
• Post-production experience, including editing, color grading and video compression for multiple delivery platforms. In-depth experience with Premiere and Adobe Photoshop is required. Knowledge of After Effects is a plus
• Social content creation experience, including using professional cameras and editing software to create videos that feel native to TikTok, Instagram, Instagram Reels and YouTube
• Audio experience, including recording techniques for studio and field and mixing audio in portable mixers
• Experience with interviewing and directing talent. Experience making non-actors comfortable in front of a camera is a plus
• You don’t need to know your way around still photography, but if you do, we could use you there, too
• Be able to manage multiple high-priority tasks or projects simultaneously
• Be hands-on, willing to get your hands dirty and comfortable with a very fast-paced environment
• Be open to withstand and contribute to a Slack channel of never-ending snark, sass and sarcasm
• We’d love to see your resume and samples of recent work for a brand, organization, or personal brand. And, if you’d like, share a personal social media feed
• Be a major contributor to the output of our video team
• Lead shoots and assist on colleagues’ shoots (pre-pro, shot lists, location scouting, tech scouting, lighting, shooting, directing talent)
• Lead or assist projects through post-production (edit, approvals, grading, mixing, delivery, archiving)
• Quickly get up to speed on our business model, brand, and marketing initiatives so you can propose compelling content that aligns with business goals
• Work efficiently and respectfully when filming our loan officers and executives. Represent our team well to the rest of the company
• Flex between different styles, from emotional documentaries to funny social videos
• Be mindful to keep you, your colleagues and our equipment safe and secure, particularly when shooting outside the office
So, Why Movement?
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental and life insurance
• Company matched 401K (Up to 3.5%)
• Excellent career growth opportunity
• Fun, team-focused working environment
• Employee driven community outreach program
At Movement, we exist to love and value people. We are disrupting the mortgage industry by lending with integrity, building outstanding corporate culture and investing in our communities. On any given day, you might find a processor volunteering for a local charity or an underwriter winning the corn-hole tournament at Family Fun Day. You’ll also find that we’re the seventh-largest mortgage lender in the country. Sound too good to be true? Check us out on our website: www.movement.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions. The Company reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.