Founded in 1971, Charlotte Montessori School is the oldest Montessori School in Charlotte. Our school dedicated to partnering with amazing families to provide the best early childhood education possible for our children.
Charlotte Montessori School is looking for an Administrative Assistant to support school leadership in day-to-day operations and tasks. Candidates must be highly organized, charismatic, energetic and want to work with children and parents. The Administrative Assistant is one of the most important faces of Charlotte Montessori and must be customer-service focused.
• General reception and day-to-day operations (i.e., support of teachers, families and administrators)
• Answer and direct all phone calls, deliveries, visitors
• Assist school administrators in support areas of need, especially the Director and Admissions Director
• Coordinate school functions (i.e., school picnic, annual book fair along with other outside vendors and events)
• General facility maintenance support
• General updating of school calendar and student information through school data system
• Coordinate and Deliver Community communication through a quarterly newsletter and other updates
• Organize and maintain filing systems, including student records, state compliance paperwork and record-keeping
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High-level skill in organization, the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines running concurrently with attention to detail
• Excellent customer service, responding to requests in a helpful and accurate manner, striving to exceed expectations
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
• 2 years administrative office experience preferred. Other applicable backgrounds are considered. Marketing experience is a plus