Director, Go-to-Market Systems
As the Director of Business Systems, you’ll play a key role in supporting our SES (Software, Experience, and Services) and Commerce departments achieve their Go-to-market objectives. As the gatekeeper to our CRM (Salesforce), you’ll be responsible for the strategy and execution of enhancements and changes needed for the success of your stakeholders.
Working directly with the Executive Vice President of Operations, you’ll routinely engage with the executive leadership team to understand business priorities and ensure our systems are positioned to help the organization succeed.
This role will be the primary responsible party for Next Glass Salesforce Instance, supporting multiple lines of business. They are also responsible for liaising with other departments as they look to integrate their own systems into Salesforce (Salesloft, Hubspot, Zendesk, JIRA, Fusebill, and other proprietary internal systems).
With Next Glass mission, this role is fast-paced and primed for rapid growth. As we introduce new brands and products into our portfolio, the challenges of the role scale with the organization. Ensuring our business systems support our various products, brands, and go-to-market teams is fundamental to the success of Next Glass.
• Collaborating with senior leaders (E-Team, VPs, Managers) across the Next Glass organization to understand their business requirements and wish-list items
• Prioritize the above information into a single roadmap for systems development
• Maintain clear documentation of these asks, how they have been prioritized, their prospective ROI, development time, and outcomes
• Assess the resourcing needed (if any) for additional Salesforce system administrators
• Manage any system administrators hired/contracted
• Develop necessary training and knowledge base resources to ensure business operators leverage the systems and tools available to them to the greatest extent possible
• Develop best practices and guardrails within each system to ensure data input is crisp and accurate
• This will require sitting with and working closely with ICs in the organization to understand their workflows and how to best minimize disruption to their workflow while meeting the data requirements of the company
• Develop a CRM data dictionary to ensure ad hoc reporting leverages the correct data points
• 5+ years of experience managing an ever-growing Salesforce instance
• Salesforce Administrator Certification required
• Understanding of workflows and basic Salesforce apex coding methodologies
• 2+ years of experience managing individuals
• Experience working with senior stakeholders and managing priorities across multiple departments within an organization
• A willingness to be proactive in finding and correcting gaps and errors in current processes and Salesforce instances
• Demonstrated ability to engage with third-party vendors and consultants
• SQL or Python experience a plus
• Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification Preferred
This role will be based at Next Glass Headquarters in Charlotte, NC.