Business Intelligence Consultant
Hylaine is a software consulting firm built on trust and transparency. We focus on delivering project-based solutions for mid-market and Fortune 500 companies, in the areas of software development, business intelligence, and process consultation. Our culture is built around an environment that is based on transparency, results, upbeat attitudes, soliciting feedback, and thankfulness. Our people are our most important asset, and we show this through our TRUST culture. Hylaine was awarded the #1 spot in the Charlotte Business Journal Best Places to Work in 2020!
At Hylaine, we deliver unique, project-based technology solutions that help our clients embrace digital transformation while maximizing their return on investment. We believe our success relies on collaborative, high-trust partnerships, and the empowerment of a proud and happy workforce.
What makes us different?
• We’ve worked for some of the biggest and most trusted names in consulting, so we know what works and what doesn’t.
• We’re trying to build a place where you won’t feel that 2-year itch: Our relationships with clients are built on trust, and that translates to our Team Members.
• Project Mobility: the opportunity to consistently be learning new industries, new technologies, and solving new business challenges.
What you’ll do:
• Solve challenging business and technical problems
• Design and develop BI Strategies to include assisting with ETL, data modeling, data warehousing, Cloud solutions, and building new reports and dashboards
• Grow in your career and enhance your technical abilities
What you’ll need:
• 2+ years of experience for our Consultant Level
• 8+ years of experience for our Senior Consultant level
• Database development experience with a relational database (Oracle or SQL Server)
• Ability to build conceptual, logical and physical data models, data flows, and create data management
• Data visualization experience (PowerBI, Qlik, Tableau, or equivalent reporting tools)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to work with our team and with our clients
• Experience in Big Data / Data Warehousing at scale – Including but not limited to Hadoop, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Azure Data Lakes, Azure Synapse Analytics, Amazon Redshift, AWS EMR
• Agile methodologies and DevOps basics as they pertain to data
• Cloud Technologies
• Architecture basics of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud – i.e. compute, storage, and permissions
• Understanding differences between VM and containers + knowledge of container orchestration technologies
• Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning
• Including but not limited to R, Python, TensorFlow, PyTorch, AutoML, OpenML, Juila, Jupyter,
• Understanding Data Warehouse vs Data Lake vs Lakehouse concepts and tradeoffs