Customer Care and Parts Specialist
Nych Group sells multiple product lines, including Enclo, Zippity Outdoor Products and WamBam Fence and more to come! We manufacture vinyl and aluminum fence that is designed for the Do-It-Yourself customer. Our product is sold direct to customers through our website, as well as through retailers such as Amazon and Home Depot. Nych Group (Formerly WamBam Fence, Inc.) was started in 2009 and is a spin off from successful companies such as New England Arbors and Mayne Outdoor Products.
We are looking for a team player and someone who will jive with the rest of us in our growing environment. Above all, we are looking for someone to always go the extra mile for the customer. We take our product seriously but not ourselves too seriously, so you will need to be light-hearted and fun, yet not afraid of hard work. We enjoy a laugh every now and again, and since we are a small company, we value relationships with each other. It’s an open office environment, and our company culture is slightly zany and whimsical. As such, we are not a typical corporate outfit. You are not going to be tightly managed or asked to follow rigid guidelines, so you must be a self-motivated person who can “figure it out”.
We aspire to a “2 Second Lean” culture which is based on the book by the same title (Author Paul Akers). 2 Second Lean is all about continuous improvement. We have fun with this and have found that to really thrive an employee must enjoy 2 Second Lean and the continual improvement of trying to make things better, one second at a time.
If you enjoy grassroots entrepreneurialism, a light-hearted work atmosphere, and like to be able to “roll up your sleeves and pitch in”, we will probably be a good fit for you. Because we are a small company, there is no such thing as “this isn’t my job”. We all pitch in and work together to make sure that our customers are happy. We are looking for a candidate who is smart, on the ball, great with people, has excellent phone skills and will be passionate about helping our customers.
We are seeking to fill a hybrid position that will focus on customer care for our customers and filling custom parts orders by hand in our warehouse. We are a thriving E-company which means that all customer interaction will be via email or phone. We are passionate about customer service and require that all Nych Group employees- regardless of the position- are willing to go above and beyond for their co-workers and our customers. We are looking for someone who loves talking with customers and who exemplifies empathy and willingness to help solve their problems. We realize that this is a unique position that requires skills in multiple areas.
Full time 9-5 Monday- Friday, Seasonal hours will vary during peak months of April-July. Some Saturdays will be necessary during peak season.
1-2 Years of Customer Service – but willing to train the right person.
• Responding to general customer service inquiries via email and phone with professionalism, knowledge, and empathy
• Packaging custom parts orders in a timely manner to fulfill our company’s warranty policy to the customer
• Providing technical expertise and support to customers who have installation questions
• Repackaging customer returns to get them back into inventory
• Keeping careful notes of what parts and boxes are used and making stock moves to account for those items
• Inputting orders into the system for customers that request parts via phone or email
• Fulfilling your end of the day clean up tasks to keep your work area neat and tidy
• Assisting your teammates in whatever way necessary and having a proactive, “go-getter” attitude
Required soft skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. You need to come across with warmth and enthusiasm on the phone and email
• Empathy during tough conversations like items being lost in transit or out of stock
• Ability to multi-task and stay on track
• Positive attitude
• Detail orientation
• Problem-solving capabilities
• Embrace a lean culture and work towards a lean company environment
• Ability to stand for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift 30lb
Required hard skills:
• Proficient with software systems such as Microsoft Office (specifically Excel, Word and Office)
• Able to navigate new software systems with ease. We use Odoo, which is a web-based accounting and ordering system that is not common. We will provide training, but we need a candidate who can grasp new software easily
• We offer 2 weeks of paid vacation (accrued), 5 PTO days, 6 holidays and 2 floaters.
• We strive to provide a fun work culture by providing breakfast on Tuesday mornings and monthly team lunches.
• Health Insurance after 3 months
• 401K after 3 months
• Profit Sharing after 1 year
• We are growing and providing our growth continues, these are usually opportunities for growth and advancement for the right employee