Vice President, Finance
Assists with sourcing and closing loans; company and investor reporting; asset valuations, tracking performance and investor capital for various projects; financial statement/cash flow preparation and analysis, property dispositions; and other duties as needed.
• Assists with the sourcing and closing of all company loans, including development, acquisition, refinancing, and corporate loans. Manages and coordinates the closing process
• Prepares and maintains loan abstracts and ensures all covenants and financial reporting requirements are met
• Assists with company and investor reporting, including preparation of quarterly property reports, individual investor reports, fund reports, financial statements, and other periodic or ad-hoc reports. Ensures reports are prepared timely and accurately
• Assists with real estate and debt schedules, and other supporting materials. Prepares periodic reports and analysis for use by management
• Assists with property dispositions; Participate in Broker and Buyer interviews including facilitating existing loan payoff and associated information request
• Assists CFO with various tasks as needed
• Assists with resolving accounting or finance problems, management questions, or other research projects
• Maintains working knowledge of Yardi and how to effectively and accurately obtain information. Consistently works to more effectively utilize the Yardi platform.
• Remains up-to-date with current market data and industry news
Knowledge and critical skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or accounting; MBA or other advanced certification preferred
• Five years of related experience required; real estate experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment
• Familiar with a variety of accounting and finance concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Must thrive in an environment where personal accountability and performance is balanced with teamwork
• Exceptional quantitative capabilities with a knack for numbers
• Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Exceptional analytical skills with an ability to understand how the parts fit into the larger picture
• Excellent attention to detail required
• Exceptional oral and written communications skills
Physical demands and environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in an office setting
• Works under minimal supervision
• Occasionally moves about to coordinate work
• Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description