Work doesn’t have to suck. A daring statement, and one we’re not going to color with rosy cliches about family and foosball tables. What matters most to our team is knowing that each other matters.
If you have a passion for working in the kind of environment that you love more than you loathe, and know the people around you have your back more than watching out for their own, we could be the joint you want to call home. And you can work from home, or from our office, or whatever. You’re a professional, it’s up to you.
Are you someone that values that kind of teamwork? And enjoy building relationships with clients who trust you in bringing absurd and challenging ideas to life? Then let’s talk.
Word of caution: If you prefer sitting in a cube farm and being micromanaged to your bathroom breaks, and working to achieve goals only your manager cares about and not any real humans, this isn’t your place. We’re prone to real accountability, and leading by example. We get tasked with the hard projects our clients can’t solve, and the humans around you stop at nothing to get them done. Except for work hours.
Probably 85% of the time, we like normal work hours. You’ve got stuff to do, dogs to walk, life to have. So does our team. That means no late-night emails you have to reply to, or ever getting a worktext on your personal phone. Just be accountable, own your failures, speak up to do the right thing, and celebrate the person next to you more than you celebrate yourself. That’s who we are. And maybe who you are.
So if you’ve been thinking about making a life change, you could be our new Activation Specialist. You’re probably going to need over two years of client-facing agency experience because of the importance of this role and knowing how to get complex things done – but it’s not required. You should, however, have an established history of managing account projects from start to finish, working collaboratively with clients to serve them first, and effectively communicating with a creative team to help bring our team’s collective objectives to life.
Manage large-scale account projects while overseeing daily, small-scale tasks to serve others before yourself.
• Strong account project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Overseeing account projects and solving problems that don’t exist
• Providing timely, high-level updates on account project status and success
• Developing account project plans and recaps to share with clients, highlighting strategies, learnings, successes and failures
Required skills and qualifications:
• Minimum 2+ years of account project management experience
• Minimum 2+ years of agency experience
• Creating decks to propose ideas on how to achieve KPIs based on how real humans interact with real technologies in the real world
• Self-motivation and the capability to adapt to change, manage multiple tasks, and continuously evaluate priorities to lead tasks/projects to completion
• An innate desire to serve others before yourself
• A reflexive instinct to reply with “Ma’am” and “Sir”
• Being relentless in giving others credit before yourself
• A respect, appreciation and understanding of the automotive industry (bonus, not a must)
• Strong relationship-building skills
• An unrelenting work ethic
• A strong drive for continuous learning, taking instruction and growing yourself and those around you on a daily basis
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment and meet deadlines while maintaining a high level of professional standards and quality without exception
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, written and oral communications skills
• Demonstrated organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proactive approach in communicating with team members
• The ability to function in a small team and take the lead on big and small tasks
• The ability to fail. To share with others why they failed & grow personally from failures
• Enjoying and contributing to a fun and youthfully-minded environment
• A sense of humor. We will make fun of you, and we will expect you to make fun of us. People are weird, and so are we. But people are awesome, and maybe so are you?
Technologies we use:
• Google Drive
• Microsoft Office
• Google Analytics
• Pen and paper
• Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
The bottom line:
Ultimately, we want you to be so dedicated to over-delivering on every task, and so dedicated to our team, that you progress into larger roles and grow far beyond the scope of this position at Theory.
You are our future — and we want you to show us that future. There is a ceiling to the business of what you can accomplish, and the person who sets that ceiling is you. The ball will constantly be in your court. You will have all the chances in the world to shine and be a part of a youthfully-minded and continuously evolving creative agency. But it all starts with making a difference in someone’s life. If you need to serve others to be happy, you’ll be happy with us.