Pet Care Assistant Manager
Skipper is on a mission to revolutionize the dog parent experience through a single, trusted brand and end-to-end platform. We are the pioneers of Skiptown, the place for pups and their people. Skiptown is the first-of-its-kind, tech-infused, private, off-leash indoor/outdoor dog park, bar, and dog care facility.
The pet services industry is ready to be disrupted and we are leading the charge. Come join our team of dog lovers and help us change the world for the modern dog parent.
We are looking for a passionate and creative animal lover to help lead our pet care team in providing unparalleled care for our amazing clients and their adorable pups.
Who you are:
Our Skipper Pet Care Assistant Manager will have at least 1 year of experience working in a dog daycare and boarding facility and managing a group of people. They are passionate and knowledgeable about group play, think quickly on their feet, and create adventures in everyday life. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Conduct compatibility sessions for new clients
• Serve as subject matter expert for playgroup types
• Resolve playgroup issues
• Assign daily roles and responsibilities
• Ensure team members are executing schedule and tasks as assigned
• Reinforce processes and policies with team
• Handle client communications regarding compatibility session results and other escalated issues
• Serve as the first point of contact for escalated emergencies
• Assess pet/human injuries and determine care
• Conduct on-the-job training
• Resolve scheduling issues including completing open tasks as needed
• Provide feedback on employee performance
• Conduct weekly inventory and ensure the team has all supplies needed
• Conduct weekly equipment assessment
Here’s what you need:
• At least 1 year of supervisor experience working in a daycare and boarding facility. Bonus points for dog bathing/nail trimming experience
• 40 hours of work availability Sunday through Thursday: 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Experience in leading a team of people
• Organization and problem-solving skills
• Availability to work on holidays. (Dogs are the gift that keeps on giving)
• Free employee membership to the bar & park for your eligible dog(s)
• 30% off of eligible Skiptown services
• Employer contribution for Medical, Dental and Vision benefits (Vision is free – because we want you to see all those cute puppy faces)
• Dogs at work…every single day
• Paid Time Off
• DoorDash DashPass Work Perks
• Purple swag. Lots of purple. We’re serious. You should really like purple
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent grasping
• Ability to work in an outside environment, sometimes in adverse weather conditions such as extreme heat, extreme cold, rain, or snow
• Ability to pull up to 140 lbs
• Ability to be on your feet and/or walking up to eight (8) hours per day for at least four (4) hours at a time frequently on uneven or hilly walking surfaces
• Ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds