Administrative Assistant for Youth and Family Ministry
Christ Episcopal Church, a parish of 6,000 located three miles from uptown Charlotte, is seeking a part-time (28 hour/week) Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and strategic support to the Youth and Family Ministries initiatives, programs and ministries. The ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for and the ability to communicate Christ Church’s mission and programs.
The Administrative Assistant for Youth and Family Ministry works with and supports the Youth Ministry team, including the Associate Rector for Family Ministry, to coordinate resources and administration for Youth and Family Ministry at Christ Church. As part of the Youth Ministry Team, this person will work to empower ministry through the gift of administration.
• Resource the Youth Ministry team through event administration, multi-media communications (print, electronic, etc.), and regular contact with parents throughout the calendar year
• In conjunction with the Youth Ministry team and volunteers, organize and administer major Rites of Passage, giving particular attention to communication and connection with parents and families
• Coordination of registrations for events, trips, and other youth ministry programming
• Maintaining family and student records within the church database
• College graduate with experience in an administrative role
• Possess good communications skills, both written and verbal
• Attention to detail and well-organized
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to function well in a busy environment with multiple interruptions
• Must know how to use a computer and Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
• Potential candidates should be able to thrive as a participant in a creative team, excel in administration and communication, have a working awareness of the Episcopal Church, and be familiar with the challenges and opportunities that face Christian families who value faith in the world
Interested applicants may contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your resume and cover letter by Friday, November 5, 2021.