Public Relations Manager
Rentokil are part of the world’s largest pest prevention and service provider and the third-largest in North America. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world’s leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, distribution, retail, food service, and hospitality. We are extremely proud of our legacy of excellence and constantly work to enhance the value and impact of our services.
Are you passionate about digital marketing? Looking to build your career in an exciting industry and a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends.
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for PR activities and other external communications for the organization. Responsibilities include identifying communications needs, developing communication plans and overall messaging. In partnership with peers, the PR Manager will drive brand positioning, thought leadership and reputation management through media outreach and other external outlets.
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to plan and execute publicity campaigns
• Develop, monitor, and manage relationships with external stakeholders including influencers, government officials, community leaders, etc
• Implement systems or processes to ensure timely identification of newsworthy issues, events, and people
• Monitor, maintain and evaluate media coverage and placements through Public Relations management software
• Coordinate interviews and media events, when appropriate
• Manage all aspects of press release development, editorial content, build press relationships and track results
• Achieve frequent, timely and positive media coverage for Rentokil North America in traditional national and regional media, vertical market publications and on-line
• Assist Colleagues with media training for interviews
• Align with the internal communications team with messaging
• Collaborate with the digital and social media team to promote press mentions, during crisis situations and as an overall integrated communications process
• Communicate Rentokil’s superior technical processes and products to differentiate our core offerings
• Present reports on the effectiveness of campaigns
What do you need?
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Communications/ PR or related field
• 3-5 years experience in PR/Communications or related field
• Experience working with media members and under tight deadlines
• Coordination across cross-functional teams including sales, marketing and product management
• Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills. Experience writing with AP Style
• Excellent organizational skills with a heightened sense of attention to detail are key characteristics of the perfect candidate
• Strong interpersonal skills that allow for healthy internal and external relationships are a must
• Effective presentation skills
• Ability to solve problems and function independently in a fast-paced work setting where change is the constant, not the exception
• Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug test
• Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass motor vehicle record search
Why choose Rentokil?
A career with Rentokil is exactly that – a professional trajectory filled with opportunity. We pride ourselves on being a world-class team that rewards high performance. We offer competitive pay on a bi-weekly pay schedule and many of our roles offer incentives based on performance and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Below you’ll find information about some of what Rentokil North America has to offer. All Full-Time Colleagues qualify for the following and Part-Time Colleagues qualify for most benefits when they meet certain criteria.
Professional and personal growth:
• Robust Paid Training & Professional Development Path
• Opportunity to grow – We love to promote from within!
• Fantastic Tuition Reimbursement benefits & Scholarship Programs (for FT Colleagues)
• Excellent Health benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• Access to Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare or Dependent Care Expenses
• Outstanding Company-Paid Short Term Disability
• Access to Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Wellness Reimbursement Program
• Employee Assistance Program that offers services such as free counseling services, will preparation, discounts to health clubs, and other benefits
• Company-paid sick time
Savings and retirement
• 401(k) retirement plan with highly-competitive company-matching contributions
• Holiday Savings Club option with company-matching funds
• Employee Discounts (includes many offerings, including cellular/mobile service, health clubs, and more)
• Vacation Days & sick days
• Company-Paid Holidays & Floating Holidays
Rentokil North America is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to equality in every aspect of employment. As we expand, we are focused on building a foundation of diverse talent and equality in all areas of our workforce. All qualified applicants receive equal consideration, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, or disability.