Make an impact on the community. Work with a team of smart, collaborative colleagues. This is an exceptional opportunity for a public radio fan and mission-minded office professional.
WFAE, an award-winning public radio station serving the Charlotte region for more than 35 years, seeks an Office Coordinator who will serve as support for Management, HR and Membership. The office coordinator will support colleagues with various administrative tasks in support of our mission.
• Responsible for greeting WFAE callers with a polite, professional manner representative of WFAE’s brand
• Oversee supply budget and ordering and other organizational administrative tasks
• Responsible for office equipment operation, mail, and cleaning breakrooms
• Aid with mailings, donor research, addressing donor issues over the phone/in-person and attending station events
• Meeting planning and coordination
• Assist with HR administration such as employee engagement, filing and other projects
• Liaison to building management for maintenance issues
• Maintain files and records with effective filing systems
• Assist in vendor relationship management
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in a professional environment
• Familiarity with public radio preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Outlook and Zoom required
• Hands-on experience with office equipment such as copiers and postage meters
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Excellent organizational and customer service skills
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
WFAE is deeply committed to and desires for our workforce to be a reflection of the community we serve. WFAE is an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who contribute to our diversity, equality and inclusion. All persons meeting the qualifications above are encouraged and welcome to apply.