WFAE is an award-winning public radio station serving the Charlotte region for more than 40 years. To learn more, please visit our website: www.WFAE.org and tune in your radio to 90.7 FM. This is your opportunity to make an impact on our community.
The Accounting Specialist is a key contributor to WFAE’s Finance Team and will be responsible for approximately 60% of the transactional accounting for our organization. We seek a highly efficient and dedicated person to join.
• Full cycle transactional accounting including:
• Accounts Payable and vendor management using Bill.com
• Revenue and Accounts Receivable workflows including (i) posting receipts from Donors and Corporate Underwritting, (ii) processing adjustments and credits.
• Daily reporting
• Monthly close journal entries and close
Hybrid position – at present 100% remote. Occasional presence in Corporate Offices located near UNCC (North East Charlotte).
• Reports to Accounting Manager
• Will be a valuable contributor of WFAE’s Finance Department
• Must have high-speed internet service at home
• 2+ years of relevant work experience in transactional accounting
• Proficiency in Quickbooks desired
• Non-profit experience desired
• Professional attitude and appearance
• Solid written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, Outlook and Zoom are desired
• Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
WFAE is deeply committed to and desires for our workforce to be a reflection of the community we serve. WFAE is an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who contribute to our diversity, equality and inclusion. All persons meeting the qualifications above are encouraged and welcome to apply.