Lighting Design Assistant – Part Time
North Carolina-based designer Dan Cordero launched his lighting label in 2012 following a career in award-winning video editing and producing. Dan’s passion and technical skills in multimedia storytelling set the perfect stage for his lighting concepts and attention to detail. After a weekend project repurposing an antique General Electric table fan into a highly-prized and elegant Edison-bulb light fixture, a lightbulb went off for Dan (no pun intended). He quickly realized that whether in our home or work-space lighting creates a different kind of story. It reflects a personal statement – how each of us chooses to balance function with beauty.
Cordero Handcrafted Lighting (CHL) embodies a new era of extraordinary, custom-made lighting. We offer bold and sleek lighting designs arranged from unique combinations of material, form and serious craftsmanship. CHL designs have an international following with displays in a wide variety of venues from restaurants, film festivals, storefronts and celebrity homes.
The CHL team believes in working with integrity, trust, and mutual respect. We value employee feedback in our creative and innovative space. Work/life balance is a must. We support individual growth while working to promote an environment of teamwork. We truly want to have fun at work while getting the job done. If these standards align with your professional goals, then CHL might be the right fit for you.
The Lighting Design Assistant is responsible for achieving top level customer satisfaction through attention to detail in picking, assembling, packing and shipping products to clients. We are looking for someone who has excellent attention to detail and good time management skills.
The person in this role will maintain the highest level of excellence and adhere to brand standards with each product.
The Lighting Design Assistant will work closely with the team to understand daily objectives regarding the order queue and critical elements of custom orders.
• Workshop safety training in a fully insured commercial lighting studio
• Hands-on training with cutting edge power tools to design and assemble lighting fixtures for clients worldwide
• Electrical training for light fixture assembly
• Woodworking (milling, sanding, glue ups, routing etc.)
• Painting and finishing through the methods of Paint Spray Booth, Powder Coating System, Chemical Distressing, and Wood Staining
• Packing and Shipping
• Workshop organization and supply inventory management
• Ecommerce marketing for domestic and international clients
Experience and education:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• 2+ years of product assembly work preferred
• 2+ years of electrical work preferred
• 2+ years of woodworking experience preferred
• Inventory management experience is a plus but not required