Marketing & Social Media Specialist – Part-Time
North Carolina-based designer Dan Cordero launched his lighting label in 2012 following a career in award-winning video editing and producing. Dan’s passion and technical skills in multimedia storytelling set the perfect stage for his lighting concepts and attention to detail. After a weekend project repurposing an antique General Electric table fan into a highly-prized and elegant Edison-bulb light fixture, a lightbulb went off for Dan (no pun intended). He quickly realized that whether in our home or work-space lighting creates a different kind of story. It reflects a personal statement – how each of us chooses to balance function with beauty.
Cordero Handcrafted Lighting (CHL) embodies a new era of extraordinary, custom-made lighting. We offer bold and sleek lighting designs arranged from unique combinations of material, form and serious craftsmanship. CHL designs have an international following with displays in a wide variety of venues from restaurants, film festivals, storefronts and celebrity homes.
The CHL team believes in working with integrity, trust, and mutual respect. We value employee feedback in our creative and innovative space. Work/life balance is a must. We support individual growth while working to promote an environment of teamwork. We truly want to have fun at work while getting the job done. If these standards align with your professional goals, then CHL might be the right fit for you.
The Marketing & Social Media Specialist is responsible for scheduling and executing CHL’s social media strategy and overseeing all social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. The person in this role will create concise and engaging content and interact with clients on social channels to engage and grow the audience.
The Marketing & Social Media Specialist will work closely with the team to implement social media campaigns, measure and improve results.
This role will support the strategic business objectives of CHL and will meet regularly with the executive team to understand marketing and social media goals and objectives.
• Lead creation and execution of CHL’s social media strategy and monthly content calendar
• Manage social accounts daily and interact with customers which includes interaction, answering client questions and addressing issues
• Look for new marketing opportunities with designers and new leads, fostering relationships with new business prospects
• Schedule and execute social media campaigns around events and new products
• Track social media KPIs, SEO tools and provide data to executive team
• Must be a problem solver and creative self-starter with the ability to collaborate while also working independently
• Other duties as needed
Experience and education:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• 3 years of related marketing/social media experience preferred
• Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Google, blogging etc.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and analytics software
• Content creation and execution required
• Basic knowledge of marketing strategy and scheduling
• Basic graphic design, photography, and video is a plus but not required