Senior Manager of Employer Partnerships
Per Scholas is a national organization that has been advancing economic mobility for 25 years. Through rigorous training, professional development and robust employer connections, we prepare individuals traditionally underrepresented in technology for high-growth careers in the industry. We partner with leading employers to build more diverse talent pools, directly connecting our graduates to new career opportunities with leading employers, from Fortune 500 companies to innovative startups. With campuses in 17 cities, Per Scholas has trained more than 14,000 individuals in tech skills, building bridges to careers in technology.
We are a small, multi-disciplinary team seeking individuals who can ensure the success of our new and existing employer partnerships and support our alumni to secure jobs in the tech sector. We are seeking talented, DEIB aware, and passionate entrepreneurial professionals to join our team.
Who we are looking for:
Per Scholas seeks a Senior Manager of Employer Partnerships (known internally as Business Solutions) to ensure their students are successful in entry to mid-level technology positions in the workplace after graduation. The Business Solutions team coordinates with Per Scholas local and national resources to identify, develop and cultivate relationships with new and existing corporate employer partners to place successful graduates in jobs with them and create hiring pipelines for our graduates. In conjunction with teammates, they also help to implement career development curriculum and deliver components in coordination with course instructors. They also advise students 1:1 and in small groups on career advancement opportunities to ensure successful placement in relevant jobs in the technology sector.
• Manage the interview and placement processes for our learners with our corporate partners
• Develop a strong network of local employers to support job placement of graduates and establish a voice in workforce development in Charlotte, NC
• Identify student needs and provide necessary resources, work with individualized career plans, support addressing student behavior or attitude concerns to prepare students for entry to mid-level careers in technology
• Provide students with individual career counseling and employment preparation coaching, as needed, and recommend students for particular employment opportunities
• Align the career development strategy with Per Scholas client requirements
• Co-manage alumni outreach and activities for students graduating from Per Scholas programs
• Connect graduates with the resources necessary for them to maintain employment and advance in their careers
• Monitor and manage student outcome and placement data in Per Scholas Salesforce database as well as up-and-out metrics for internal and client reporting
• Support on-site admissions and onboarding of new students in collaboration with recruiting and admissions teams
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent relevant experience) required
• At least 5 years related professional experience preferably in human resources/recruiting, career placement and/or adult workforce development
• Career and job development with specific experience with job-readiness/workplace skills training
• Ability to generate or leverage existing relationships with employers in the Charlotte area
• Knowledge of workforce development
• Experience with social media platforms
• Experience in workshop facilitation and training for diverse adult learners a plus
• Data savvy and metrics orientation
• Knowledge of Salesforce, learning management systems a plus
• You thrive in a creative, inventive, fast-paced startup environment with people who are passionate about their work and mission
• You are data-driven, result-oriented, and a forward-looking catalyst for social change
• You have a collaborative and flexible work style. You’re excited to work cross-functionally with other departments and independently
• You are an effective communicator with strong oral and written skills
• You are tech-savvy and learn new tools quickly
• You are detail-oriented, with exceptional organizational and time management skills
• You stand behind our mission, believing that individuals from any community should have access to well-paying career positions, and that talent should be recognized and recruited from many diverse sources
Why work here?
We believe our staff is the heart and soul of the organization. Our workplace culture is challenging, supportive, collaborative and mission-driven. We take a genuine interest in career paths and work-life balance, and welcome contributing ideas from staff at all levels. Working at Per Scholas means working somewhere full of engaging, savvy, diverse people who care deeply about pushing our work forward.
You’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual professional environment, self-development opportunities, innovative technology, and benefits like health care and a 401K match. If you want to work in a progressive organization, where you can build something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we would love to hear from you.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.