Payment Services Specialist
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region is seeking a detailed individual to serve as our Payment Services Specialist. The position is responsible for daily tasks related to the loan performance of the Charlotte Region Homebuyer and Critical Home Repair portfolios; to include mortgage payment processing/collections, reporting, and customer service.
Working to build homes, communities and hope in Charlotte and the surrounding area, Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region has partnered with more than 3,000 families since 1983. This year, we will help over 300 families through new home construction, recycling existing homes, critical home repair projects and financial literacy training. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a leading nonprofit organization in the field of affordable housing.
Habitat for Humanity of the Charlotte Region offers competitive wages and a great affordable benefits package. Pay as little as $28 per month for health insurance! Complimentary vision, short & long-term disability and life/AD&D. Dental and FSA accounts are also available. Retirement Plan with up to 3% match. PTO for full and part-time positions. Up to ten paid holidays for full-time team members.
Performs daily tasks related to mortgage payment collections ensuring the accuracy of loan performance including payment processing, reporting, and customer service for habitat Charlotte Region Homebuyer and Critical Home Repair portfolios. Other duties are described below under Essential Functions.
• Process and post check payments to servicing database; manage data uploads for customer draft and online payments
• Prepare and ensure accuracy of daily and month-end mortgage reports and reconciliation
• Answer incoming phone calls and emails to assist customers in a timely manner
• Perform file maintenance, document preparation, and customer outreach as needed
• Assist in monitoring loan delinquency and addressing customer default
• Assist borrowers in the office with the routine account assistance
• Adhere to policies and practices consistent with legal requirements for mortgage servicing and collections
• Provide administrative support for mail collection and backup for incoming calls to the general office line
Abilities, education, knowledge and skills:
• Minimum 1-year mortgage servicing experience
• Minimum 1-year mortgage collection experience
• College degree or any combination of the noted skills that demonstrates the ability to perform the responsibilities of this position
• Experience working with ethnically and socio-economically diverse populations
• Willingness and demonstrated ability to work well with all types of people, communicating positively and respectfully when interacting with employees, homeowners, volunteers and the public
• Experience using mortgage servicing software
• Excellent communication and customer service Skills
• Excellent organizational skill and ability to manage multiple priorities with high attention to detail
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
• Must possess motivation, initiative, self-direction, and personal integrity
• Demonstrated ability to follow through with tasks and responsibilities
• Consistent and reliable attendance; adhere to schedules and deadlines
• Represent Habitat in a positive manner to other staff, Homeowners and HIP, Community Partners, Volunteers, Habitat Partner Families, and others you come in contact with, ensuring teamwork, engagement and motivation of others.
• Willingly adhere to Habitat’s Code of Conduct Policy and any other policies set forth by the organization
• Notary Public (current or eligible)
• Valid driver’s license with personal vehicle that will be used for business purposes and the ability to be insured by Habitat’s insurance provider
• Ability to work with and through an interpreter as needed
• Commitment to Habitat program
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. unassisted occasionally
• Ability to work on a computer for up to 8 hours in a day
• Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
• Ability to communicate in person, over the phone and/or via computer
• Ability to work in the office environment as needed which requires the ability to speak, hear, with the visual and manual dexterity to manage papers, reports, and typing.
• Must embody the capacity to maintain the following for several hours at a time: use of a personal computer or similar technology, phone, sitting as required.