Sales Development Representative
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. TpT gives educators access to a trusted, one-of-a-kind community. We are the world’s first marketplace of our kind and founded by a teacher, for teachers as the go-to platform for teacher-created content for nearly 15 years. We are currently serving more than 7.5 million users and more than 85% of U.S. teachers. TpT is focused on building the next generation of e-learning experiences for millions of students and teachers across the world. If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask any teacher!
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will play a crucial role in fulfilling TpT’s vision to unlock the collective wisdom of teachers. SDRs will be responsible for direct outreach to school- and district-level administrators via phone and email with the goal of scheduling and facilitating calls with our team. The SDR will research and engage new school accounts, As needed, there may be opportunities to support the onboarding of new customers. SDRs will work closely with Account Executives (AEs) by setting phone meetings with qualified leads and potential customers at the school- and district level.
• Initiate conversations with school and district administrators via phone and email to drive high-quality meetings for AEs
• Build, maintain and exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of potential school customers around forecast goals and defined objectives
• Use Salesforce and other sales tools to thoughtfully engage Schools and track efforts
• Report and share learnings with internal stakeholders
• Support Account Management in addressing School needs/asks. This could include attending conferences, responding to Zendesk tickets, and facilitating user calls
• Continuously develop job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations
Qualities of a successful candidate:
• A go-getter mentality and competitive spirit. You are motivated to crush both individual and team goals
• Excited to talk to potential customers on the phone. You make a great first impression and can have a conversation with anyone. Connecting with people comes naturally to you
• Respectful but persistent. You refuse to take no for an answer and take pride in day-to-day wins
• A learner mindset and are open to coaching and development. We want someone that will take creative approaches in identifying new ways to engage and acquire schools
• Flexible and positive. The team is experimenting, learning, and executing at a rapid pace. We’re looking for someone with a can-do and positive attitude
• 0-2 years professional experience – ideally in lead generation.
• Experience in education (as an educator or at a company serving educators).
• Proficiency in Salesforce CRM.
Benefits and perks:
• Comprehensive Medical, Vision & Dental
• Free Telemedicine Membership – 24/7 access to trusted medical advisors
• Generous PTO and Wellness Days
• 5 Week “Recharge Leave” after 5 Years, to refresh and celebrate the impact you’ve had at TpT
• Generous Parental Leave (for new parents) for time to adjust to parenthood, plus additional six weeks for the birth parent
Onsite Mother’s Room
• ‘Employee Resource Groups’ (ERGs) to promote employee inclusivity and belonging
• Engineering Learning Fridays (ELF), to provide space each week for Engineering teams to collaborate and learn from each other
• ‘Professional Development’ Stipend, to support the professional growth of employees (including – but not limited to – subscriptions, books, lectures, etc.)
• Annual Company Events (Camp TpT, Field Day, Hackathons, Holiday Party, Summer Picnic, Classroom Visits, etc.)
• Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.