Technical Accounting Manager
Established in 2005 and based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Snap One is a manufacturer and exclusive source of A/V, security, control, networking, and remote management products for professional integrators. An industry leader in the pro-install channel, Snap One helps integrators build their businesses by providing a wide range of high-quality products, easily accessible through an intuitive website and backed by award-winning service and support. With a vast catalogue of today’s most popular brands, Snap One is the premier choice for professional installers across the globe. With 28 pro stores in the US, Snap One blends the benefits of eCommerce with the convenience of local stores. Additional information about Snap One and its products can be found at www.snapone.com.
The Manager of Technical Accounting will report directly to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting and is responsible for managing corporate and business-related technical matters and related business processes. This role requires direct research and analysis of accounting issues, including the implementation of new accounting guidance. It requires a high level of attention to detail, strong analytical skills, and the ability to clearly communicate amongst various different levels in the organization. This position requires someone who can effectively collaborate within the department, with external departments, and with external parties to support our accounting and reporting demands. This position is highly visible to the CFO and Controller and will have the opportunity to participate in several aspects of operating a rapidly growing business.
• Act as subject matter expert for corporate and business-related technical accounting matters. Sample technical matters include, but are not limited to, revenue recognition, warranties, leases, debt, goodwill and long-lived assets impairment analysis, foreign currency transactions, business combinations and VIE/consolidation/equity method analyses
• Provide technical accounting support to internal and external departments in connection with the implementation of changes in accounting policies, procedures and adoptions of new accounting standards; monitor and analyze proposed accounting rule changes; assist in the implementation of new requirements. Current new requirements include leases, CECL, and cloud computing
• Perform or review certain month-end close procedures, including the calculation, analysis and recording of certain significant estimates using strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Provide technical accounting research and analysis, and prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner
• Liaise with accounting team, FP&A team, external departments, and third-party service providers to support accounting and reporting requirements
• Manage multiple projects and initiatives at one time, prioritize and deliver results within frequently condensed timelines
• Support consistent accounting and reporting within a rapidly growing business with a disaggregated data environment operating within multiple ERPs
• Lead, train, and develop direct report(s)
• Support SEC reporting for certain areas of the 10-Q/10-K filings
• Execute and maintain an effective internal controls environment
• Assist and participate on a variety of strategic initiatives, ad-hoc projects, and analysis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
• 5 + years’ experience of public or related corporate accounting experience
• Proficient in US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
• CPA License
• Advanced Excel skills
• Advanced Accounting Degree
• Proficient in data analytics and related tools (SQL, Power BI, etc.)
Snap One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.