Director of Marketing
This position has overall responsibility for planning, directing, creating, and producing all merchandising, marketing, and informational program plans and materials for Business Services departments (Dining Services & Meal Plans, Bookstore, Licensing, Vending, Reprographics, 49er ID Card, ATMS, Parking & Transportation Services, Mail Services) as well as associated programs (i.e. Bike Share, Faculty/Staff Textbook Loan, Bookstore/Textbook Advanced Purchase, Niner Transit).
• Plans, directs, creates, and produces all merchandising, marketing, and informational program plans and materials
• Serves as the chief communicator for Business Services and primary communication and public relations liaison to other campus departments
• Hires, trains and supervises two full-time staff as well as student employees/interns to provide a comprehensive marketing strategy
using technology, electronic and print media
• Develops metrics and assessment instruments (feedback systems and surveys) for the collection and analysis of data to improve and recommend marketing strategies
• Coordinates the marketing team to plan and produce internal and external public relations materials
• Coordinates marketing team to develop marketing and image development for departments
• Oversees in-house video creation and production for social media commercials and informational pieces related to services offered
• Provides additional marketing and technical communications support as requested
• Works closely with University Communications to ensure consistent messaging across multiple platforms and divisions
• Assist with production of marketing materials and serve as a back-up for assigned responsibilities (content production, social media, digital signage, etc.).
Education and experience:
Bachelor’s degree and three years of experience in the area of assignment, of which at least one is supervisory or in a lead-worker capacity; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Graduation from a four-year college or university and at least five years of program administration experience, including at least two years of supervision; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Marketing and communication experience within the University environment
• Familiarity with web content production and digital signage
• Familiarity with print production methods and techniques
• Experience creating communication and marketing plans
• Experience with assessment and survey methods
• Knowledge of marketing techniques in a retail environment