Retail Sales Associate
Be part of an exciting time of growth at Pet Wants: The Urban Feed Store and help pet parents and their pets live better lives. We have a strong mission and purpose behind what we do and we are looking for passionate people to join our community.
To fill the role of a Pet Wants Sales Associate, you must strive to be an expert in canine and feline health, nutrition, general pet behavior, and the benefits of the products we sell, to ensure customers see you as a trustworthy and invaluable resource. As the first and last point of contact with customers, via face to face, on the phone, and email, you must deliver an exceptional customer experience every time.
You will assist our customers with making the right choices for their dog or cat, upselling and adding on appropriate products, and making recommendations. Sales associates work in stores as well as *events. Associates process transactions at the point of sale system, receive in the inventory, tag and merchandise it, restock, clean and so much more.
• High school diploma is required. Working towards or have a higher education is a plus
• 100% reliable, honest, punctual, and professional
• Valid driver’s license and a reliable source of transportation
• Comfortable and quick with technology and software
• Comfortable driving shop vehicles from and to events
• Customer service experience preferred
• Retail or other sales experience preferred
• Advanced communication skills
• Must be able to make quick and educated decisions
• Evenings, weekends, and holiday availability is a must
• Must love to smile
• Subject to lifting up to 40+ lbs and standing, stooping, bending, and walking for long periods of time
• Working events at Farmers Market, Craft Vendor Markets, and Holiday Markets will consist of driving booths and materials to event locations, set-up/break-down, managing the booth at events, and most importantly engaging with our 2 & 4 legged customers
• Compensation is based on experience
• Product Discounts
• Positive, family work environment
• PTO & Wellness allowance for FT positions
• Full & Part-time positions available
• Part-Time: 10-25 hours (2-3 days per week)
• Full-Time: 35-40 hours (5 days per week)
Send resume along with a brief statement about why you think you would be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line “Sales Associate Postion”.