HR Communications Sr. Specialist
Albemarle is a values-driven company that believes in doing the right things the right way. We combine world-class materials assets with great talent, technological know-how, and strong customer partnership to find new and innovative ways to improve essential aspects of life such as clean energy, food and fire safety, and sustainable transportation. Our purpose, value, and growth are tied to making the world a better place today and tomorrow.
The world is undergoing an energy transition. Electric mobility is advancing and Albemarle’s strategy for long-term growth focuses on expanding our talent and capabilities around the world to help meet the growing need for electrification and digitization. This is an exciting time for Albemarle, and you could be an integral part of our important and exciting work.
The HR Communications Sr. Specialist is part of Albemarle’s Global Communications team, directly reports to the Corporate Internal Communications Lead, and works closely with the CHRO, HR organization and communications organization to define and execute actionable plans, story-based messaging, and creative assets that strengthen Albemarle’s brand and culture with employees and prospective employees worldwide.
One of the ways Albemarle is working to power the potential of our talent is by embracing workplace flexibility while balancing business needs. Employees at some of our locations, including our headquarters in Charlotte, are currently working remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Once a site reopens, eligible employees will have the flexibility to work remotely several days a week, depending on the arrangement with their manager and their work needs at a given time.
• Partner closely with the CHRO and HR leadership team to develop, execute, and measure an annual strategic communications plan that supports yearly HR communications objectives and enhances our reputation and culture with employees and prospective employees worldwide
• Create and execute deliverables that support the company’s people programs and initiatives including DE&I, talent acquisition and onboarding, compensation and benefits, performance management, learning & development, and HR operations
• Write/edit/produce content for multiple communications, including print, social/web, blogs, newsletters, presentations, videos, etc
• Provide editorial functions, such as consistency in tone, style, clarity, and alignment with the company values, strategy, and operating model (Albemarle Way of Excellence)
• Develop a CHRO thought leadership approach for our social/web channels and work with corporate Digital Communications on content strategy and execution
• Work closely with Corporate Communications on employee communication/engagement best practices and on editorial calendar planning for corporate channels, meetings, and executive spokespeople
• Manage and develop the Human Resources intranet site. Support other resources/tools, CHRO town hall meetings, and additional HR functional meetings as needed
• Benchmark and research to enable continuous improvement. Develop meaningful metrics and track and measure to show impact and inform the HR communications plan and content strategy
• Strong researching, writing and verbal skills
• Natural storyteller
• Proven ability to think strategically and problem-solver
• Strong judgment skills
• Willingness to learn and acquire new skills
• Strong interpersonal skills; collaborative; confident and comfortable when working with executive stakeholders
• Demonstrates curiosity and opportunistic approach; proactive and a self-starter; acts with urgency
• Results-oriented, self-motivated, and creative
• Excellent organizational and planning ability; detail-oriented
• Strong project management skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
• Works well under pressure with the ability to adapt to changing project requirements and deadlines
• Employee communications experience
• Digital communications understanding
• HR-related experience
• Strong interpersonal skills; a committed team player
• Strong work ethic
• Good sense of humor
Key decision areas:
• Plan development and activity execution
• Storylines, messages and content development
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or public relations.