Café Manager – South End
At Resident Culture Brewing Company, we have a genuine appreciation for creating a world-class food and beverage experience, beginning with the beer we brew ourselves in the Plaza Midwood neighborhood of Charlotte, NC. We’ve been identified as the Top 10 Best New Breweries in the World (RateBeer), as well as having the #1 Beer in 2019 (Hop Culture). We are thrilled to bring our passion for this industry into the coffee category with Mostra’s award-winning roastery granting us the privilege of sharing their incredible product with the East Coast. We take our product seriously, but most importantly, we value the relationships and family culture we have cultivated at the brewery. We are proud to have an incredibly tight-knit crew, all of whom play an important role in creating the brewery we have become. At the end of the day, it’s beer that we make, but it’s our community and the taking care of each other that makes the foundation we’re built upon.
Resident Culture is looking for a Café Manager to lead our coffee program at RC South End. Responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas, creating a welcoming patron experience, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milks, snacks, and paper goods as needed. To be successful in this role you should have a passion for coffee and relevant work experience with various roles in coffee shops. You should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays (excluding Thanksgiving & Christmas).
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn Resident Culture’s Café into a favorite local spot. We will be sending our opening Café Manager to San Diego to train with the Mostra team and visit their incredible roastery.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the café, including hiring and onboarding new baristas
• Train employees on drink preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
• Adjust and innovate menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences
• Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (e.g. paper goods, coffee, milks and other ingredients)
• Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
• Deliver excellent customer service, including advising staff on the best ways to resolve issues with patrons
• Ensure all café areas are clean and tidy
• Nurture a warm, welcoming environment with patrons to develop connection and loyalty
• Full time position
• Insurance benefits, PTO, paid holidays, 401k
• 3 years experience in a coffee shop/management experience a plus
• A passion for coffee required
• Requires excellent communication and community building skills
• Must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination