Charlotte Montessori School is the oldest Montessori school in Charlotte, serving children ages 15 months to 6 years of age in the Dilworth neighborhood. Our school is looking for an amazing Administrative Assistant to join our administrative team. This person must be highly organized, charismatic, energetic and want to work with children and parents. Our school administrative assistant is one of the most important faces of Charlotte Montessori and must be customer service-focused.
• General reception and day-to-day operations support with teachers, families and administrators
• Answer and direct phone calls, direct deliveries, visitors
• Collaborating with school administrators to support areas of need, especially the Director and Admissions Director
• Coordinating school functions such as book fairs and other outside vendors and events.
• Facility maintenance support
• General scheduling of staff and updating school calendar through a school data system
• Parent communication
• Organizing and maintaining filing systems, including student records, state compliance paperwork and record-keeping
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook is required.
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• High-level skill in organization, possessing the ability to multitask, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines running concurrently with attention to detail
• Excellent customer service, responding to requests in a helpful and accurate manner, striving to exceed expectations
• Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Minimum of 2 years administrative office experience or applicable experience preferred. Marketing experience is a plus
• This is a year-round, full-time, benefits-eligible position
• medical, dental, vision, 401K and life insurance available
• at least 20 personal days built into the school calendar, as well as discretionary days available