Machinery engineering and manufacturing firm in the Huntersville area is seeking a Contract Technical Writer to aid in a migration project. The Technical Writer will need to partner with different departments to produce user manuals and training materials for their products.
This project is expected to last several months to complete.
• Responsible for writing technical documents including user manuals and training guides for their automation and electromechanical machinery
• Work with multiple departments to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the correct way to use it; observe the product in use and obtain detailed notes and pictures to be used in the final technical documents
• Produce technical documents including user manuals that is both detailed and easily understandable for the end-users
• Create training materials to help end-users learn to use the machinery
• Prior technical writing experience, preferably with machinery
• A general understanding of manufacturing and engineering will be greatly beneficial
• Ability to create high-quality technical writing that are detailed, understandable, and grammatically correct
• Ability to understand machinery and manufacturing technology and convey understanding to a variety of audiences using text and pictures