Our restaurant group is a portfolio company of Silver Falcon Capital. In addition to making investments in our 3 target sectors (Consumer Goods, Sports & Entertainment, and Restaurant & Hospitality), we also incubate and launch innovative concepts within those verticals with a strong track record of success. We’ve built three award-winning fine-dining concepts over the past 15 years, have been instrumental in the scaling of a farm-to-table fast-casual concept, and are now creating the next iconic fast-casual brand.
Our new concept is hospitality forward and experience focused, designed to provide an energy-filled environment, inspired by the relaxed camaraderie of a summer backyard gathering. With seamless digital integrations and a differentiated menu, our new concept is poised for rapid growth.
Seeking a restaurant controller for a new, innovative, fast-casual restaurant brand backed by an experienced investment firm and developed in concert with a team of experts. The first location will open in Charlotte, NC in Spring 2022, immediately followed by rapid expansion. Role will work closely with the Director of Operations and the founding team.
The Controller will be responsible for all accounting and reporting activities of the restaurant, including regulatory compliance, tax preparation, payroll, invoicing, accounts payable, bookkeeping, and implementation of internal controls. The position will also work hand-in-hand with executive leadership to assist with budget planning, financial strategy, and forecasting. The position will report directly to the Managing Partner and play a crucial role in the growth and success of the company.
• Prepare chart of accounts and refine initial systems with the senior management team
• Manage the day-to-day financial and accounting operations, daily transactions, general ledger, accounts payable, recording bank activity, completing bank reconciliations, reconciling online ordering platforms, and communicating actionable insights to senior management
• Process accounts payables, review integrated invoices and perform data entry for other invoices
• Responsible for cash deposits and petty cash management
• Responsible for month-end close process, including journal entries, reconciliations, and accruals
• Analyze detailed accounts as required and recommend areas for systems improvement
• Prepare monthly reports and monthly financial performance analyses
• Work with the executive leadership to develop and track budget
• Prepare cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in accounting and/or finance, CPA preferred
• 5+ years of experience in full-cycle accounting, including month and year-end close
• Experience analyzing, managing, and driving margin improvements
• Restaurant industry experience preferred
• Advanced Excel skills required
• Detail oriented and strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Ability to work autonomously and provide solutions to challenges
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment
• Sense of humor
• Experience working in Restaurant365 is a plus
• Compensation: $75,000+
• Full Health Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• Retirement Plan
• Discretionary Cash Bonus