RSM is strategic retail, consumer promotions and shopper marketing specialist. Our agency develops creative and compelling integrated marketing solutions at retail, for some of the biggest brands out there. We pride ourselves on comprehensive planning, flawless execution and big ideas… and having fun while we’re at it.
The Account Executive (AE) will provide day-to-day account management and support members of the Account Team by executing the projects and programs of their assigned clients. The AE is responsible for the execution of current client programs and identifying opportunities for additional account revenue. The AE position is varied and will consist of multiple tasks to fulfill required services while meeting and exceeding our client’s expectations.
• Collaborates with the Account Team & Creative Team on program recommendations, marketing strategies and actions for the client that drive incremental, measurable Return on Investment
• Provides excellent customer service to the client through a strong sense of urgency in day-to-day interaction, planning and execution of client events and anticipating the client needs
• Maintains communication with their Account Team/Senior Management to ensure that assigned work is handled in a positive, timely and efficient manner
• Develops a strong relationship with the client and understands the core aspects of the client business model
• Completes extensive research for current or potential programs
• Participates in ideation sessions, contributes through dialogue on the current topic and brings new ideas to the table
• Manages account workflow to Creative Department and maintains open dialogue in identifying current and future project needs
• Shares in the fiscal responsibility for program budgets by projecting costs, developing program budgets, tracking expenses and meeting/exceeding revenue projections
• Prepares and completes status updates as directed by Senior Management
• Develops PowerPoint presentations for program pitches and recaps and assists with presenting during meetings/calls
• Sources assets, materials, supplies, staffing and/or media to support programs and events
• Plans for program execution by calling program winners and retail stores, coordinating community support, arranging travel, and packing promotional kits/materials
• Coordinates and executes client/consumer events to include set-up, breakdown and coordination of temporary labor
• Develops, implements, and tracks key performance indicators to measure the efficacy of programs, applies this data to determine appropriate next steps for current and future campaigns
• Performs post-program analysis and summaries
• Maintains open communication channels with the client and RSM accounting to ensure billing is timely
• Becomes familiar with the realities of retail and current industry trends; recognizes the potential opportunity they present to current and future programs
• May be requested to manage others, including third-party vendors, depending on the account and task.
• Travel is required and may be extended depending on the assigned account.
• Additional duties as assigned by Senior Management
Skills & abilities:
• Exceptional organization, planning and project management skills that reflect strong attention to detail
• Proficient use of PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook and comfortable with technology
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills
• Displays a high level of energy, persistence and a positive outlook; learns from mistakes and constructive criticism and continuously seeks ways to improve
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively toward a goal
Education & experience:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 2-4 years of experience in Marketing or related field
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
• Must be able to lift 15 pounds at a time