Inside Sales Representative
Exciting. Challenging. Rewarding. This is the type of career opportunity Marketplace Events offers to our team members. If you thrive in an environment that encourages accountability, creativity, teamwork, relationship building, customer service and sales excellence, we encourage you to explore becoming a member of our passionate team. Marketplace Events is committed to its vision and values. As an employer, we support employees in finding a work/life balance and recognize the importance of a vibrant and dynamic work environment. www.southernchristmasshow.com. Oklahoma Christmas Show website coming soon.
Marketplace Events creates vibrant expositions connecting enthusiasts with experts, products and services in dynamic face-to-face environments. The company produces more than 70 consumer shows annually in North America including the home, garden, wedding and holiday categories. The 70+ combined events, in 34 markets, currently attract 22,000 exhibitors, 1.9 million attendees and another three million unique web visitors annually. The company produces some of the most successful and longest-running shows in North America, including market-leading shows in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Vancouver, Calgary and Montreal—some of which have thrived in their markets for more than 75 years.
This is a remote position working from home. We are looking for top sales talent in the market to work remotely 80% of the time with the remaining 20% onsite at shows. This remote position is responsible for selling exhibit space via telephone (primarily) for the Oklahoma Christmas Show and the Southern Christmas Show. We provide you your own territory along with a robust customer base. Selling exhibit space for our premier home shows to businesses in the remodeling, home décor, landscaping and building industries is your primary responsibility. We are proud to offer the highest quality home shows in the market to top-tier home improvement companies. If you have a hunter mentality and are driven to make things happen, this is the job for you.
• Sell exhibit space in-home show(s) via outbound telephone calls
• Sell add-on advertising/marketing opportunities to your customers
• Make 50-60 sales calls per day to current and prospective clients
• Meet weekly, monthly and annual sales goals and related targets
• Work in CRM program; every sales conversation to be documented and all information to be complete/detailed
• Develop and maintain relationships with exhibitors; ensure customer satisfaction and provide excellent service
• Through use of our consumer research, understand our attendee demographic and use this information to help sell in the right exhibitors, as well as help our exhibitors do an optimum job reaching their customers
• Constantly seek out leads for potential exhibitors from every possible source such as advertisements in other media, internet sources, competitive shows, exhibitors from other Marketplace Events shows, association members, etc.
• Constantly build and maintain sales database utilizing existing processes/guidelines for documenting records
• Join relevant professional associations, regularly attend meetings and network with your membership
• Attend all appropriate competitive shows/events and follow-up on leads immediately
• Source local sponsorship leads
• Understand our show features, marketing/promotional plan and utilize this information
• Attend weekly video chats with manager and team, attend occasional in-person meetings with manager, team, and/or clients, and attend an annual in-person company meeting
• Provide onsite floor management in-person at the show and assist show management with the coordination of the move-in/move-out of the show
• Bring personal energy, enthusiasm and flair as a member of the sales team, willing to put in whatever hours are necessary to get the job done
• Ensure all contracts are signed and space is paid in full on time
• Collection calls as needed
• Travel to company meetings, shows and training
• Other duties as required
Knowledge and abilities:
• 2+ years of proven sales experience required, preferably within a telephone-based, inside sales, outbound calling environment
• College degree preferred
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office is required
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including presentation skills required
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet conflicting deadlines
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness and stress management skills
• Experience in events including home shows is a plus!
• Competitive base salary + monthly commission
• Sponsorship Sales Commission
• Health, dental and vision benefits as well as 401k plan
• Generous paid time off program, four weeks per calendar year
• A high-energy culture that rewards success
• Employee Assistance Program
Vaccination against COVID-19 is required, certain exemptions may apply