Digital Marketing Coordinator
One of the leading hands-on science museums in the nation, Discovery Place is a 501c3 nonprofit and a hub for science education and exploration in the Carolinas. Discovery Place operates four distinct museum experiences serving more than 750,000 people a year through Museum visits, interactive educational programming and community outreach initiatives.We aspire to shape a future where people embrace science to create opportunities, build hope, solve problems and bring positive change for our world.
Discovery Place is looking for a digital marketing coordinator to help create and deliver best-in-class digital communications, campaigns and programs. You will be part of a team responsible for driving visitor acquisition across digital channels and optimizing the digital brand experience along our customer journey.
Scope includes work on digital campaigns, website, email marketing and analytics. The ideal candidate willhave some hands-on experience with paid search or social campaigns, website content management and/or email marketing.
• Support customer acquisition and engagement through digital channels
• Implement website content updates
• Build eNewsletters and other email communications, including trigger and drip campaigns
• Manage and import lists from various systems
• Build and optimize paid digital campaigns, including search and paid social
• Implement SEO improvements across channels
• Report on analytics and other measurements
• Conduct research, analyze and prepare reports on audiences
• 1-3 years experience in digital marketing
• Prefer hands-on experience with Google ad campaigns, paid search and paid social – Google certifications welcome
• Experience with website content management systems
• Experience with email marketing implementation
• Experience with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager preferred
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Excellent communication and writing skills required
• Must be able to juggle multiple projects at the same time
• Incredible attention to detail
• Self-directed with problem-solving skills
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends, as workflow requires