Digital Marketing Specialist
Mountain Khakis is your premium outdoor apparel outfitter. Born on the rugged frontier of Jackson Hole, Wyoming, and groomed on southern charm, we offer premium and durable design with bold, timeless style.
The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for a wide range of evolving digital marketing tasks including managing daily social media activities, executing our paid search ad creation, and writing and implementing our organic and paid media copy. The DM Specialist will work directly with the Digital Marketing Manager to do an audit of current initiatives and creation for digital ads, blogs and social – Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok and Pinterest.
Objectives for this role include creatively attracting and building ad copy and content, and growing our ambassador program. This will consist of influencer discovery and outreach, creating strategies as to how we can partner with them across the various channels in the business including social, blog content development, digital advertising, and product feedback. The optimal candidate will understand the proper communication tactics, content placement, and touchpoints for each step of the customer lifecycle. This job is a healthy mix of creating product marketing campaigns and building brand awareness inclusive of creative direction and copywriting.
On the flip side, the DM Specialist is also responsible for developing and growing our social media presence across new and existing platforms by publishing, copywriting, and monitoring on-brand content. An always-on attitude of proactively ensuring that our customers are receiving timely responses to their comments and mentions.
This role requires a creative yet analytical thought leader who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment and has no problem rolling their sleeves up during busy times. This person will have a proven track record in growing a following via influence, and engagement. Proven experience in testing, measuring and analyzing strategies to determine how to accomplish goals, increase and maintain followers.
• Creation of digital content such as blogs, owned social and press releases
• Copywrite, edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages engagement
• Plan and execute frequent audits and QA work across all campaigns and engines, including ad copy, ad extensions, and keyword targeting
• Build the Mountain Khakis brand in the Social Media space with a consistent feel and voice
• Suggest strategies and methods for improvement
• Monitor ROI and KPIs for owned social
• Stay up-to-date with digital media technologies and the latest trends
• Be part of the creative process: think of creative ways to promote content, events, and engage the audience
• Perform outreach to influencers, media outlets, journalists, and bloggers
• Leveraging influencer connections and relationship-building skills to help tell brand stories, as well as drive intent and demand for our products
• Developing creative ways to work with existing and new brand partners
• Stay current and forward-thinking on new tools and platforms, best practices and use within the competitive landscape
• Constantly innovate and push our thinking on how to offer a best-in-class customer experience for the Mountain Khakis Brand
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills is a must
• Creative, analytical and well organized
• Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and critical thinking skills
• Strong project management skills with attention to detail
• A confident and decisive data lover
This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good attendance is required.
Education and experience:
• 3+ years of experience in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, New Media or Public Relations
• Experience with Facebook Business Manager, Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Google Analytics and/or other social and paid media outlets
• Superior writing, editing, communication, presentation, organization, and planning skills
• Enthusiastic and proficient storyteller who can support telling the Mountain Khakis brand story to a range of audiences
• Demonstrable results in copywriting for social media campaigns and organic community engagement
• Shopify Plus experience is preferred but not required
• Familiarity with SEO strategies and tactics
• Maintain awareness and understanding of new marketing and communication technologies and techniques
• Must obtain high levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation as part of a highly collaborative, fast-paced work environment
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines
• Proficient in Excel and other basic Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to analyze data and create reports across various online platforms
• Social media copy experience, hashtag research and development
• Understand the social landscape for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn
• Light use of Photoshop, Sketch or other image sizing tools is a plus
Please email your resume and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org