Growth Product Manager, 360 Reviews
U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our “Best” series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Role in helping us shape the future. U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. As a Growth Product Manager, 360 Reviews in our 360 Reviews Vertical, you will work closely with a cross-functional team to guide the development of products and services from conception to launch. A critical component of this position will be the ability to break down tasks into manageable steps that will enable US News to innovate and grow.
The Growth Product Manager, 360 Reviews is a new position within 360 Reviews that will lead both program management across a 30+ person team, as well as, product management of a specific segment of the 360 Reviews business to grow traffic, engagement and revenue. This is a strategically important position to support our strong growth. The PM will own key initiatives across program management to help 360 Reviews scale smarter, and across product management to help 360 Reviews scale faster.
360 Reviews is an expansion team for U.S. News and World Report started in early 2019 to help consumers and business customers in areas that fall outside of the company’s traditional verticals. 360 has since grown to review hundreds of businesses and products across 20+ categories across several segments, including home goods, home services, technology, insurance and personal commerce, with plans to more than double its surface area of reviews in 2021.
• Lead projects from initiation to execution to scale and operationalize programs across business, partnerships, tech and product. Driving our Program Tracker & ensuring delivery of projects in a timely manner
• Identify areas of operational improvement for existing programs and processes across content, product, technology and other teams
• Own and drive key operating metrics to drive business success, such as forecast number of monthly launches and updates, among others
• Articulate and execute an annual plan for program and operational growth
• Act as a product owner with revenue responsibility for assigned segments of 360 Reviews business, including all aspects of traffic, conversion, revenue and partner development
• Continually optimize and test product features, placements, content/copy and site enhancements
• 3 – 5 years of experience
• Project and program management experience with an online consumer-facing business
• Understanding of commercial operations, revenue & product optimization
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with specific deadlines
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Experience of owning and driving program-wide product development programs
• Start-up experience
• Affiliate marketing or performance-based marketing experience
• An understanding of editorial process and SEO
• An understanding of UX design
What it’s like to work with us:
• Talent is our best asset
• We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
• Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
• Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
• Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers