As the Product Strategist for Natural Dog Company, you will create and lead the long-term, strategic product life cycle plan. This includes the assessment of current product performance and the consideration of future product lines with a heavy emphasis on new product development. If our customers love our products, then you are crushing it!
Using research and analysis including; customer segmentation, competitive landscape analysis, macro and micro trend assessments, and economic condition forecasting as some of your key inputs, the Product Strategist will work in tandem with marketing and sales leadership to ensure that all products support brand level forecasts, objectives, and initiatives as well as the overarching strategy and goals for the parent company, Elements Brands. The Product Strategist will also work closely with the supply chain team and outside suppliers and manufacturers to ensure the highest quality products are delivered on schedule and within budgeted COGS.
In order to be effective in this position, the Product Strategist must be a self-starter with a background in and core knowledge of holistic marketing principles related to product positioning, pricing, and lifecycle management as well as having a firm understanding of areas of digital marketing such as SEM and digital advertising.
The optimal candidate is a data-savvy and tenacious problem-solver with an innovative spirit and entrepreneurial mindset. You have the ability to turn your marketing and product management knowledge into tangible solutions. You think first about what CAN be done – Then figure out HOW to get it done!
• Define the vision, strategy, and roadmaps for brand product lineups, including the development of new products
• Identify gaps to launch products based on customer demand, industry trends, competitor product offerings, and other relevant factors and data sources
• Gather data and calculate metrics to identify new product demand (keyword search volume, average customer new product adoption rate, budgeted advertising spend, etc.)
• Methodically analyze existing product positioning and determine necessary adjustments for optimal positioning (pricing, packaging, ingredients, messaging, etc.)
• Conduct SKU Rationalization analysis to determine which products to continue offering and which products to sunset based on demand, SKU complexity, lead times, etc
• Work with brand managers to understand the brand-level vision, strategies, forecasts, and timelines to complement and enhance existing brand performance with product management capabilities
• Develop, implement, and maintain project timelines across multiple departments and communicate any significant changes or delays to all relevant stakeholders
• Work closely with marketing, sales, supply chain, and fulfillment to hit goals and objectives
• Work with the supply chain team to ensure the proper testing is conducted and regulatory requirements are met for new and existing products
• Provide information to key stakeholders and management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses
• Tenacious, analytical problem-solving abilities – You are able and willing to challenge the status quo
• CPG product management experience or comparable experience, DTC experience is a plus
• Proven experience overseeing all aspects of the product development lifecycle
• Highly effective cross-departmental communication and project management skills
• Demonstrable knowledge in SEM and digital advertising
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, product design, or a related field or commensurate work experience
Compensation & benefits:
• Competitive salary.
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
• 401K with 4% company matching
• Paid time off – 15 days plus 12 paid holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Fitness stipend
• Flexible work environment